chapter seventeen

heeseung pov

i should've just told her. this is killing me.

maybe she would've accepted me even if she didn't like me back.

right now we're just talking about anything and everything as we sit on the floor beside the bed in the room that i was hiding in earlier. i can tell she's drowsy by the way she can't follow along with what she's saying.

"and yeah... i don't know how he didn't break my front tooth..." she sweeps her hair back once again, to wake herself up probably.

"i take it your mom was super fun to be around?" i mention to her and she just nods while smiling contently at the thought of her mom.

"wanna rest for a little bit? you seem tired" i point out to her.

"hmm... just for five minutes? would hate to fall asleep early" she gives me an apologetic smile.

"you can use my shoulder, i'll wake you up" i pat my shoulder.

"are you sure? i don't want you to be uncomfortable" she says.

"it's fineee, it's not like you have a big head" i roll my eyes playfully at her and she chuckles at my action, laying her head on my shoulder nonetheless.

i'll probably let her sleep for a little longer than five minutes...

i look through my phone and all the messages i missed. i made sure to send a quick text to my mom telling her how everything went.

i got an idea.

i go to the camera app and take a selfie with y/n dead asleep on my shoulder.

she looks kinda funny, with her mouth a little open and breathing through it.

i let out a little laugh, but then it quickly dies down at the thought of how we used to be.

i want to beat myself up for it. how could i have been so mean to her?

i go to grab her hand but she starts to stir up from her sleep.

"mmm... how long has it been?" she sits up straight to stretch, her voice groggy from the sleep.

"about 10 minutes?" i ponder.

"wow, i trusted you" she glared at me playfully.

"you seemed tired" i tell her.

"it felt like a power nap though so i feel much better now" she says as she starts to get up. "let's join back?" she asks me.

"okay, let's go" i get up and stick by her side as we go down the stairs.

y/n pov

"hey! you guys disappeared" jungwon pops out of nowhere with sunoo beside him giving us suspicious glances.

"we had a little situation. where is ariana?" i ask him.

"she had to leave, she lives kinda far from here" he explains before taking a sip of his drink.

"party's ending soon, that's why there's less commotion now" sunoo says as we all look back at the significantly smaller group of people.

"yeonjun's still got his party energy on" heeseung chuckles as we see yeonjun in the middle of the dance circle, very much into the song playing at the moment.

right near them was sunghoon and wonyoung, dancing very closely to each other and looking very much in love. i quickly glance away with a pang of envy and look back at the group, my eyes locking into heeseung's.