special chapter; j.wy + p.sh

wonyoung pov

"sunghoon... what are you doing?" i look down at him.

"tying your shoelaces, what else does it look like?" he looks up at me once he's done.

"but why?" i look at him now standing beside me.

"because they were untied" he states obviously.

"that's- that's not what i meant, never mind" i shake my head and continue looking forward.

it's friday after school. it's been almost a week since yeonjun and huening kai's birthday party.

things were awkward at first when he was helping me visit my grandma at the hospital, but for some reason, he's around me a lot now and we can actually hold a proper conversation.

it's still a little weird to me because he did kind of reject me back then, and to this day my pride is a little hurt. it's like he forgot about all that so maybe i should too.

"sorry" he lets out.

"why?" i ask in confusion.

"it must've made you uncomfortable" he turns to look at me and points at my shoes.

"no, it was just sudden" i give him a small smile to reassure him.

"um, i always meant to ask you this. is it alright if i ask you something?" he says politely.

"well you haven't even asked it, how would i know?" i let out a giggle.

why is he being so weird?

"yeah, you're right. i take it back, it's not that important" he dismisses it.

wow, he's just playing with my feelings now.

"stop beating around the bush and ask me" i pout.

"s-sorry" he rubs the back of his neck. "uh... i don't know how to say this without sounding weird" he avoids eye contact.

"take your time, i'm still here" i cross my arms, looking at him worriedly.

what is he struggling with?

"do you remember how you confession went on that day?" he still doesn't look at me.

of all the things, did it really have to be about this?

"yeah" i grumble.

"i want to apologize for that... my intentions were not to make you feel rejected... i'm sorry" he gives me a look of... hopefulness?

"it's all in the past, i forgive you" i tell him the truth.

*three years ago*

i can't wait to give sunghoon the chocolates i made!

it's valentine's day and i was planning to confess to him. i've had a crush on him for the past year and all my friends thought it was a great idea.

the only bad thing is... that sunghoon was always around those friends of his and let's just say his friends aren't the nicest...

i gulp as i make my way to him since we have free time in class right now. he's only with two of his friends so it shouldn't be too bad.

that's what i had thought.

"h-hey sunghoon" i approached him and stopped in front of him with the chocolates behind my back.

"wonyoung?" he says my name in confusion.

"yes, um, i came here to give you this" i show him the small box of chocolates.

"what is that?" one of the friends laugh.