thirty-three

Klaus, Elijah, and Rebekah gathered in the study. They sat around a small round table close to the window. Elijah filled three glasses of whiskey as Klaus informed them of the things Angelica had seen while using Alina's spell.

The Originals were no strangers to war. In the thousand years they had lived, they had faced countless enemies and fought many battles. This war however, was going to change the supernatural world and they needed to be at the top of their game, not only to survive but to maintain their power.

"Are you certain the wolf is Franco?" Rebekah asked while crossing her legs.

"He's the leader of the Navarro pack, likes to call himself the Alpha of Alphas. Angelica saw a brown beast with red eyes leading an army of wolves." Klaus replied darkly as he leaned back in his chair. "Bonnie has been having dreams about a wolf with red eyes as well. I have no doubt it's him." He could barely contain the desire to shift and run straight to Baton Rouge and rip out Franco's throat. Every time he thought of Franco Navarro his blood boiled with rage. "Their men also helped Jane-Anne and Sophie to kidnap Bonnie, remember?"

Rebekah and Elijah exchanged worried looks. They knew that a witch's dreams were not to be taken lightly.

"What kind of dreams?" Elijah asked curiously. He had not missed the murderous look on his brother's face or the hint of anger in his voice.

"All you need to know is that he's a threat to Bonnie," Klaus replied while grabbing the glass of whiskey Elijah handed him. "He's a threat to all of us."

"Do you think he's going to make a move now?" Rebekah wondered.

"The Navarro pack has always wanted to have control of the city, they have amassed the biggest army of wolves ever but they have yet to make a move against Marcel and take New Orleans..." Elijah moved his fingers over the rim of his glass, a thoughtful look on his face. "What is he waiting for?"

"The hybrid I have in Baton Rouge keeping an eye on Tyler has informed me that there has been some strange activity at the Navarro mansion, he has seen a couple going in and out practically every day," Klaus informed them. "He thinks they might be witches." Nate wasn't sure but had promised to investigate.

"Bloody fantastic," Rebekah muttered. Franco and his pack were turning into a big headache. "If they have witches fighting in their corner things can turn nasty."

"We need to be prepared for an attack," Klaus told them. "Not only from Franco but Marcel as well, he's plotting with the leader of the human faction, that priest that was at the ball." One of Marcel's vampires had also turned to ash after trying to cross the barrier that protected their home. Marcel knew where they lived, it was only a matter of time before he tried to lure them out and get Davina.

"And you know this from another one of your spies?" Rebekah raised an eyebrow.

"Josh is quite the devoted and eager minion," Klaus told her. The boy had proven useful thus far. He wasn't part of Marcel's inner circle not yet, but he had gathered interesting information which he passed on to Klaus on a daily basis.

"Has Davina accepted your offer?" Elijah asked. The young witch was still locked inside the cabin. It seemed she wanted to take her time and think over Klaus's terms.

"Not yet," Davina was still undecided but Klaus felt confident he would have her eating out of the palm of his hand soon enough. Her growing friendship with Belle was something that worked in his favor too. "She will accept, make no mistake of that."

Elijah nodded. "Mayor de la Fontaine is on our side, other prominent families seem interested in a change of rule. Many are alarmed by the growing rate of vampires in the city. They won't be hard to sway to our side once we take over."