sixty-nine

𝐍𝐄𝐖 𝐎𝐑𝐋𝐄𝐀𝐍𝐒

Davina was in a state of shock upon returning to the land of the living. Her body was rocked by uncontrollable trembles, her eyes were unfocused, and her heart was threatening to burst out of her chest. Being yanked out of the other side and sent back to her body had been a disconcerting and terrifying experience.

"Oh my god!"

"Davina!" A joyful Rebekah exclaimed upon seeing her.

"What the bloody hell was that?" Kol couldn't believe what he was seeing.

"She's alive!" Josh was practically jumping from excitement.

"You're back!" Belle threw her arms around her but Davina flinched at the contact.

"Give her a moment," Elijah's calm voice filtered through Davina's foggy mind. He gently pulled Belle away.

Davina was breathing heavily as different voices and sensations slammed through her at once. She was still adjusting to her resurrection and her witch senses skyrocketed with the presence of all the supernaturals around her. They were all circling her, watching her with a mixture of curious, stunned, and happy faces. It overwhelmed her and her magic deemed all of them as threats. Davina did her best to tune all the noise out and focused on her breathing, she didn't want to lose control of her magic and hurt them. She just needed to catch her breath and process everything.

"How is this possible?" A stunned Father Kieran asked.

"Davina, can you hear me?" Marcel's voice was comforting amid the chaos she found herself in.

Davina opened her mouth but no sound came out. Her shaky hands reached out to touch her neck, remembering the pain from the blade and the cold, that horrible cold that had engulfed her in darkness. The moment she had died would forever be engraved inside her mind. She shuddered and a strange squeaky noise managed to escape her.

Everybody started talking at once, asking her questions, pulling her attention from side of the room to the other. Davina whimpered and hugged herself. Her magic flared on instinct, sensing her distress and more than ready to defend her.

"Give her some space," Klaus snapped and began shoving people out of the way. "All of you need to shut up and get away."

"Let the poor girl breathe," Aunt Vivian agreed.

Davina felt scared and disoriented but Bonnie's gentle voice broke through the chaos inside her mind and pulled her out of the darkness. Davina opened her eyes and felt relieved upon seeing the familiar face. Bonnie's presence was like a beacon of light. It was comforting and her magic had a soothing effect over Davina's trembling body. How Bonnie used her magic to put her at ease, Davina didn't know nor did she care. She welcomed it.

"Just take a deep breath," Bonnie placed her hand on Davina's trembling shoulder. "Just breathe," she whispered looking into her frightened eyes. "You're going to be okay. Just breathe."

Marcel wrapped his strong arms around her. "I got you D." Marcel whispered in her ear before picking her up in his arms. "You're safe. I promise." He kissed the top of her head and held her tenderly in his arms, like a father would with a small and scared child.

Davina wrapped her arms around his neck and buried her head against him. With Bonnie and Marcel, Davina knew she was safe. The nightmare was over, she was alive. She needed to focus on that. She was alive and that was all that mattered.

"Let's take her upstairs," Bonnie suggested.

Marcel nodded.

Davina closed her eyes feeling safe in Marcel's arms. She could sense all the gazes of the people gathered around her, she could hear their voices although she couldn't understand what they were saying. She was disoriented still and very much afraid that this was all a dream and she would wake up on the other side dead. She clung to Marcel and told herself that everything was going to be fine.