seventy

Saying goodbye to Charlotte and Davina was one of the hardest things Bonnie had to do. She didn't want to leave them and they didn't want Bonnie to leave either.

"Why can't we go with you?" Charlotte asked innocently, after Bonnie explained to them that she would be going to Mystic Falls for a few days.

"It's best if you both stay here," Klaus told them in a rather stern voice.

"I could help you," Davina offered with a fierce look on her face.

Bonnie politely declined the offer, neither she or Klaus wanted to put the girls in unnecessary danger. They would be safer staying in New Orleans with Rebekah, Kol, and Marcel. So, would Bonnie, in Klaus's opinion but the young queen had made up her mind and there was no changing it. Bonnie also felt touched by Davina's determination and loyalty, and guilty for leaving her so soon after her ordeal. Davina was a strong girl but she had been through a lot with her death and resurrection and Bonnie wanted to be there for her. She did her best to explain the situation to both of them, she didn't want Charlotte and Davina to worry but she also didn't want them to think she was abandoning them. She reassured them that she would be back as soon as possible.

"It's only for a few days," Bonnie told them.

"We'll be back before you know it," Klaus added with a wink.

"Do you promise?" Charlotte looked back and forth between them, the trust in her bright green eyes was unwavering.

"We promise." Klaus and Bonnie vowed at the same time.

Charlotte seemed content with their promise, Davina on the other hand looked worried. She definitely understood the threat the Travelers represented and knew that the fight against them was not going to be easy. "Promise me you'll be careful," she said looking at Bonnie.

"I promise," Bonnie assured her. "Everything will be fine."

"There is no need to worry love, the Travelers don't stand a chance against us," Klaus arrogantly proclaimed. "Bonnie has a brilliant plan in mind." There was a proud grin on his face as he said it. He better than anyone knew how successful Bonnie's plans had been against their enemies before.

"Good," Davina felt a bit better upon hearing those words.

The hours that followed were spent organizing everything for their trip to Mystic Falls. Klaus gave instructions to his people and talked endlessly with his siblings and Marcel in order to ensure that everything would be in order during his absence. He and Elijah spoke at length with Kol and Rebekah who were left in charge of the city. Klaus also gave detailed instructions to Felix and Angelica as well as to Josh, Belle, and Ishmael.

Matt was originally supposed to stay but he ended going with them, a decision Bonnie had supported fully. Matt was Tyler's and Caroline's friend, Mystic Falls was his home, and he knew the town like he knew the back of his hand. Matt was determined to help despite Rebekah's protests and Klaus's reluctance to take him. The ring Bonnie made for him offered him some extra protection but that didn't mean he was invincible which was why Klaus had argued for him to remain behind. In the end, Matt was ordered to stay close to Jesse and Alexa at all times. Riley and Cary were going to assist Aya and her group which included vampires from the Quarter and from the Strix. Elijah had called her and she had happily offered to help end the Travelers for good, for they were a threat to everyone.

Stefan had tried to go with them but neither Elijah nor Klaus would allow him to. Damon didn't want him tagging along either which Stefan was kind of hurt about. While Stefan tried to argue his case, Damon sneaked behind him and snapped his neck, effectively silencing his arguments. "Problem solved," he muttered. Stefan was going to be pissed but Damon didn't care. Keeping his brother safe was Damon's priority and if it meant breaking his neck and locking him in St. Anne's church until their return so be it.