seventy-two

𝐌𝐘𝐒𝐓𝐈𝐂 𝐅𝐀𝐋𝐋𝐒

Klaus used his hybrid speed to enter the school and headed straight for the classroom where Bonnie's dad was kept captive. He could easily sense the five Travelers guarding him, his skin tingled as the powerful magic floated out of the room and into the corridor. The strong scent of blood also lingered in the air, Bonnie's dad was hurt and Klaus didn't hesitate to storm inside the classroom. He kicked the door open, hybrid face growling menacingly, and went straight for the kill.

The three men and the two women surrounding Bonnie's dad were startled by the surprise attack but they recovered quickly, raising their hands at the same time, and shouting different spells towards him.

Klaus managed to kill two of them, ripping their hearts out and throwing the bleeding organs on the floor before the spells hit him. He hissed in pain when small cuts formed on his face and neck. He groaned as the cuts penetrated his flesh; deep gashes that had rivers of blood oozing out. Another nastier spell burned half of his face but despite the pain and the momentary dizziness, Klaus did not stop. His healing abilities kicked in and helped him not to budge an inch, he still had three Travelers to kill. His golden eyes promised blood and he delivered. He killed another Traveler with a finesse that would have made Elijah proud. But just as he moved closer to Bonnie's dad and the last two Travelers still standing, a blur appeared out of nowhere and intercepted him.

Tyler.

Klaus growled as the younger hybrid grabbed him from behind, locking an arm around Klaus's neck and pulling him away until they crashed against the opposite wall. Tyler was quick and strong, he was perhaps one of the strongest hybrids he had ever sired but even then, Klaus easily yanked himself away from his grasp, turning around, and punching Tyler in the face with all his strength.

The blow knocked Tyler to the ground but he managed to recover quickly, throwing a couple of punches back at his sire. Klaus chuckled, easily avoiding each of the blows Tyler threw at him. Did the stupid boy honestly believed he stood a chance against him? If it weren't for the fact that he was Bonnie's friend, he would have been dead on the spot

The Travelers that remained alive moved closer, eyes darting from one blur to the other. This was their chance and they knew it. They held hands, opened their mouths ready to unleash another powerful spell against the hybrid, one that would take him out of the game completely. They didn't have the chance though. They waved their hands in front of their bodies, a litany of ancient words falling from their lips but nothing happened. Their magic did not work.

As the hybrids continued to fight, the Travelers looked at each other with confusion. Something had changed, they could feel it. Something had gone wrong.

"Our magic is gone," the woman murmured fearfully. "How can that be?" It seemed impossible to think that their magic that disappeared just like that. It was frightening.

Before the man could respond, both of their eyes went wide, their lips parted, and they fell to the ground dead. It was quick, the Travelers were not prepared for the lethal attack. They could have never predicted how efficiently Bonnie's spell would take them out. No one expected a spell like that. In a blink of an eye, the Travelers ceased to be.

Klaus and Tyler didn't even notice, they were too busy kicking and punching each other, or more like Klaus was doing the kicking and punching while Tyler attempted and failed to hurt him back.

"What the hell is wrong with you?" Klaus snarled at the younger hybrid.

Tyler's only response was to growl and launch himself at him again and again, each attempt failing miserably. Klaus was faster, stronger, and was avoiding his attacks with ease. His mocking laughter only helped to infuriate Tyler more. Truth be told, Klaus was having a bit of fun with the younger man.