fifty-four

𝐁𝐀𝐓𝐎𝐍 𝐑𝐎𝐔𝐆𝐄

"We need to do something!" Luis yelled as he paced around Franco's study. He had tried calling Victor but his brother did not answer the phone. Every minute that went by, Luis became more desperate. Victor was on his way to New Orleans to attack the Mikaelson's. Why didn't you tell me? He wondered.

"It's a suicide mission!" Franco shouted back. "Victor has just ruined years of careful planning on our part, that selfish idiot is-"

"He's our brother!" Luis interrupted angrily. "Are you seriously going to stand there and do nothing?"

"And what do you want me to do?" Franco questioned. "Gather our army and follow him into this stupid plan?"

"So, you would rather lose another brother than take the risk of fighting our enemies?"

"Have you lost your mind?" Franco asked incredulous. "Going to New Orleans means fighting our enemies in their territory where they will have all the advantages."

"He's our brother," Luis insisted. "He needs us. Victor alone with his pack and Isaac's pack won't do much damage but if we fight together we have a chance." Luis truly believed that with their combined army they could defeat the Miakelson family.

"A chance to be humiliated by the Mikaelson's."

"A chance to take them by surprise and bring them down to their knees," Luis fired back. "They're not expecting an attack from us. In their arrogance, they believe they have everything under control but they don't. Their army is not as organized or as big as ours, they are not prepared but we are." He moved closer, pleading with his eyes and with his voice. Did Franco not care about their brother? Was he so heartless? He killed Isaac, his mind whispered. He only cares about himself.

"They will have the advantage."

'"Franco, we have been planning to take over New Orleans for years," Luis continued. "We have maps of the city, we have spies and allies there that can help us take it, tonight. The only reason we haven't attacked before it's because you got the idea for the ritual but we can do it, we are ready. We have been ready for months, years even."

Franco shook his head. He turned his back to Luis and headed towards the balcony doors. His mind racing with the possibilities. Yes, in the past couple of years they had perfected a plan of attack, an attack that was now more effective than ever as they had the help of the Travelers. But attacking now also represented a big risk.

"Brother, I am begging you."

"It's too risky," Franco muttered as he stared out into the garden. "The Originals are practically indestructible, Klaus has a pack of hybrids, and the witches of the city could come to their defense, not to mention the vampires they already have at their disposal."

"It's a risk worth taking," Luis argued his case. "With the Travelers' magic we can destroy them. We planned this attack a long time ago, the moment has come sooner than we anticipated but we can do it. Franco our army is ready. We are ready. Our army is ten times bigger than theirs and the witches of the Quarter don't stand a chance against the Travelers' magic, and once bite from us and the vampires die. We can do this."

"The ritual," Franco muttered. He needed to wait for the blood moon and complete the ritual to become the most powerful werewolf on earth. He would be like Fenrir reborn, stronger, faster, his venom far more lethal than any other wolf and above all, he would have immortality. They just had to wait a couple more months. He was so close to achieving that, he could almost taste it.

"Forget about the ritual and think of your brother, your blood, Victor needs our help."

Franco didn't say anything as he weighted his options. It was a risky move but if it worked, he could get what he desired the most.