ninety-eight

𝐀 𝐂𝐎𝐔𝐏𝐋𝐄 𝐎𝐅 𝐌𝐎𝐍𝐓𝐇𝐒 𝐋𝐀𝐓𝐄𝐑

Kol smirked as a group of giggling girls gawked at him. He had parked his shiny red corvette outside the high school just as the students happily exited the building. It was a Friday afternoon, the last day of school before spring break. He leaned back against the car and crossed his arms over his chest, in a cool and relaxed pose that had the male students openly staring at him with envy and the girls blushing and sending flirty looks in his direction. Kol paid them no mind, the centuries of flirting and seducing women left and right were in the past. There was only one girl who consumed his thoughts now, the girl who was the source of his immense happiness too. He was completely devoted to Davina.

He felt his dead heart skip a beat as he saw her coming out of the building; her laughter reached his ears while the afternoon sunlight engulfed her in a halo of light. Davina's dark locks blew with the wind while her sweet cherub smile made his knees feel weak. She beamed and waved at him before saying goodbye to her school friends and rushing into his waiting arms. She practically threw herself at him, hugging him tightly, and seeking his mouth in a welcoming kiss. She tasted like strawberries; he pressed her closer and deepened the kiss, feeling delighted by the throaty moan that escaped her.

"Hi," Davina pulled away, blushing furiously.

"Hi," he gave her a peck on the lips. "How was your Chem test?"

"I definitely aced it!"

"Of course, you did! You had an excellent tutor," Kol gave her a cheeky grin.

Davina's cheeks turned red at the reminder of how he had helped her study for her test.

Kol chuckled at her embarrassment. She looked adorable when she blushed. He kissed her once more before asking, "want to get something to eat before heading home?"

"Yeah."

Kol took her heavy backpack and threw it in the backseat, before gallantly opening the passenger door for her.

"When are you going to let me drive?" Davina asked as she eyed the car and thought how cool it would be if she were to drive it to school. She could definitely convince Kol to hand her the keys.

"You don't even have your permit yet," Kol reminded her.

"I'm going during my school break," Davina told him. She had been studying for it and Marcel had promised to teach her how to drive once she got her permit.

"Well, until then..." Kol motioned for her to get in the car but Davina's eyes were diverted to a point behind his shoulder. "What?" as soon as the words left his lips, he felt it. The presence of a wolf nearby. He looked over his shoulder and growled when he saw the stinky werewolf approaching them. Son of a bitch! Kol thought angrily. Oliver had a lot of nerve showing up at Davina's school. "What the bloody hell is he doing here?"

"I don't know," Davina eyed Oliver with suspicion, wondering why he was there. She hadn't spoken to him in over three months, not since she and Kol got together. She felt kind of bad for ditching him like that but it's not like Oliver had attempted to contact her either. There was too much drama going on with his pack after all.

"Hey," Oliver greeted her, keeping a good distance between them. He kept his hands on his pockets and ignored the nasty looks Kol was sending his way. "Can I talk to you?"

"No," Kol snapped angrily. "Don't even think of coming near her." He took a protective stance in front of Davina, staring menacingly at the wolf.

"Kol," Davina had to place her hand on his shoulder to prevent him from attacking. She didn't want them to get into a fight outside her school. A couple of the students glanced in their direction, sensing the tension surrounding the three of them.