Chapter 4

Natasha POV

I couldn't sleep all night, I was just tossing and turning, my mind racing with the thought of my daughter. I turn over once more until I finally decide to get up.

Walking through the hallway without a destination, I wind up outside Kate's door. Could it be possible if Kate is the soulmate of my daughter, of Y/N?! It couldn't be, could it?

With all these overwhelming thoughts running through my head I just couldn't help myself. I slowly open the door and creep in, Kate is sound asleep in bed so I be careful as to not make a noise. This is where my assassin skills come in handy, I look around the room in search of a box.

Everyone in the compound has a box of their soulmates stuff that they hope to return to them some day. I know Kate has one because she always fan girls over the stuff her soulmate has lost, but she never told us where she keeps those belongings out of fear that yelana will go through it. Honestly I wouldn't put it past my sister.

I look under her bed and in her desk for anything, nothing. Damn it. Where would she keep it. Suddenly I look around and see a little ray of light coming from the wardrobe, I open the door with a shaky hand and a pounding heart.

Oh. My. God.

What the actual fuck, right at the back of the wardrobe was a bright pink box covered in glitter and love hearts.

It looked like this but in a box form, and over it was a large banner printed  "SOULMATE" in bright bold letters

It looked like this but in a box form, and over it was a large banner printed  "SOULMATE" in bright bold letters. Man this girl is obsessed!

I still Go through the things, looking for any clue that could point me in the right direction, anything that could tell me my daughter is alive.

I have looked through everything in the box and that includes an alarming amount of guns, but who am I to talk, i always lose my guns. I must say they have I very nice collection here, these guns are very high quality and not to mention expensive.

I continue to admire the guns until I find a small black gun. I recognised it immediately, it's the same guns we have to use and train with in the red room!

I can't help a tear escape my eye at the memories of those dreadful days, looking closer I can see knife marks dug into the side of the handle.

Clear as day.

In bold letters.

It makes my blood run cold.

Y/N.

My. heart. Stopped.