Chapter 8

Clint POV

I think it's safe to say that we were all unsure weather Nat was right or not about her child but if she is dead then Nat can learn that and hopefully move on and if Y/N is alive then we get mats kid back.

Hopefully

Kate POV

I landed a few miles away from the base so that they don't detect that I am there. I am scared shitless right now.

I don't know what entrance I go in, or who to kill, or what files to get I don't know anything I'm supposed to do.

Currently I'm hiding out next to an entrance, I could call it in and retreat back to the compound but this is my first big solo mission, so if I give up now it could be years before I'm trusted to go on another solo mission! I'm not prepared to let that happen.

Soon enough I just think fuck it, I run in and use my putty trick arrow to take down the two guards at the side entrance then break in. I start to fight some guys and finally make my way in the file room

Wow this is actually going amazingly well- damn it, I jinxed it!

I feel a gun pressed firmly against my temple, I slowly turn around to see about seven bulky men around twice my size surrounding me.

"Oh hey guys, how are you doing this fine morning?" I ask in an attempt to defuse the situation, my attempt was unsuccessful.

Two of the men grab my arms behind my back and hold me in place as I struggle against them. The dude with the gun takes a breath looks me in the eye and -oh my god, is this really the end for me? Everything I've worked for over. Who will look after my dog?  Who will look after yelana?- I shut my eyes close as my life flashes before my eyes- he pulls the trigger- wait where's the bang?

I open my eyes and I see his face just frozen, suddenly he collapses revealing a girl behind him, she has Y/H/C hair and mesmerising Y/E/C eyes that glow in the light.

Before I have the chance to to finish admiring her the others start shooting at attacking her.

I help her fight of the guys and we end taking cover under a table

"Hi I'm Kate, Kate bishop uh you know Hawkeye? I'm Hawkeye well me and Clint are kinda both Hawkeye but everyone says that I'm kinda the best archer in the world so I'm kinda like the main Hawkeye, ya know. But thank you for saving me back there" I awkwardly try and say but just ended up a stuttering and stumbling mess, god why can't I talk around her?!

"Oh your Kate?" She asks, has she heard of me, that's so AWSOME!

"Yeah-yeah that's me"

"Oh cool" she says right as she puts a bag over my head and puts me in some weird handcuffs wtf
"Wait wait what? No no no- that is not what your supposed to do"

"Just stay here whilst I go kill those guys and then we can have a little chat, okay? Good great" she didn't even give me time to answer, that's a tiny bit rude.

Y/N POV

I don't know why but I felt a bit guilty for this, maybe I could be a bit nicer. I mean she is so damn cute how she stutters and is awkward- no Y/N stop it, you need to stay focused!

I jump and sit on one of their shoulders and shoot everyone else before breaking their neck

(^ like that)

I take a big sigh and wipe some blood of my face and walk up to where I left Kate.

I pick her up bridal style I carry her to my motorcycle, before I leave I pick up the file SHIELD wanted so to not raise suspicion.

I take Kate in my arms to my temporary hideout, I can't help but love the feeling of holding her, even if she was talking nonstop nonsense the whole way home.

It was nice, really nice

But I have a mission

——————————————————