CHAPTER 1

It was on the 12th day of November, 1994, at around 12am in the morning, Amarachi was born into the family of Stella and Damian.

PAST YEAR, BEFORE THE BIRTH OF AMARACHI

Young Stella was a lady of 19 years old and a student of IMSU (Imo state university) when she met Damian.

Damian happened to be a 300L student, handsome and fair in complexion. In short he was every campus girl's dream.

Some ditch and dump their boyfriends just to be with him, and trust me, he was a flirt and a lady's heartbreaker.

According to Stella's story, it was on a rainy day in 200L that she met Damian; hers was love at first sight.

She was coming out from an entrance that led to one of the colleges, humanity, when she saw Damian with no umbrella.

He was all socked , his clothes were drenching water and his hair was wet.

She said that she felt like she had just seen the god of rain, so she ran to where he was standing and with her umbrella she covered him.

He stared at her probably wondering what she was covering since he was already wet from head to toe.

She looked at him and he pulled away as if shy. His eyes were normal like that of an African guy but he was the most handsome god she had ever met, she explained.

After that encounter, they both met again 4 times in awkward situations before Damian finally asked her out.

She couldn't wait to rethink about his proposal before she popped out the "yes yes, I will be your girlfriend answer.

They couple were the best couple according to the campus students, as they received awards until finally Damian graduated as a student and left the school to face the labour market.

Two days before his convocation, Stella asked to break up because she was scared of him seeing some other pretty damsel in the course of serving his father's land but he refused.

His excuse being that he loved her. Stella confessed that truly his confession really is honest, as she could see it in his eyes.

The two couldn't break their vows as they both continued seeing themselves, even after he left the school.

After some months things changed between them as they couple started sharing the same bed, making love, etc.

At first everything was perfect for them, but later on everything changed. There story turned into a desperate mini horror movie.
Stella got pregnant but was scared of her parents disowning her if they should find out about it.

She was almost close to completing her university education; it was remaining few months before her graduation.

She was more scared of the stories her friends told her concerning the fact that Damian would dump her.

"What will I do if he should leave me, she wondered

My questions were answered with Damian's marriage proposal. Her joy knew no bound

STELLA'S POV

I was shocked by his proposal but still I was happy.

"Now my parents won't over react when they find out, i thought.

"With which mouth will I even tell them that I was busy sleeping with a man instead of studying, i questioned herself. The fear of what my dad's reaction would be  scares me more than anything.

mom gave me a sermon about dating a guy and what the implication would be if she should attempt tasting what her mom tasted.

My dad truly will be embarrassed, she said to herself.

"Will you marry me? Damian re-asked his question when he didn't get an answer from the worried looking Stella.

'' yes I will marry you, the 18 years old Stella answered.