CHAPTER 2

I told him about the pregnancy and he said he was aware.

I was shocked because I never told him about it.

“I saw it coming, he said.

I was happy because he wasn’t seeing me as his pleasure satisfier all this while.

“Since when did you find out about it, Stella asked him

“Since the 3rd day you vomited I started suspecting you might be pregnant. In fact from the second day I made love to you with out protection, I already knew that in no time you would conceive, Damian told me boldly

“So are you trying to brag about your sperm being fertile, I asked him

“I am actually trying to tell you that I know what is mine, he claimed.

I was amazed at how a 25 years old guy with no money can claim a child;
he is indeed full of surprises.

Since that day he hustled so much to make sure that I fed and that our child was in good condition.

We hid the pregnancy for 4 months; it was the same month that I did my defence and was preparing to graduate.

Luckily I didn’t have a big stomach and I always wore big clothes to hid the little baby bump that was protruding outside.

Doing my convocation i wore a beautiful designer gown by a Vietnam designer. The gown was purchased by Damian’s uncle who was working as the personal assistant to the designer.

The outfit was way billed to us through an airline known as “Goldline”.

I was enticed by the beauty of the gown. My parents and friends at home were also present.

I didn’t want to disgrace then, so I didn’t show myself a lot in their presence throughout the occasion, except when I was called up to receive the best student of the year award. Actually I was able to maintain my 4.6, 4.7, and 4.8 CGPA and finally came out with first class result.

It was all thanks to God, my parents and sweetheart who never allowed me to waste my time doing nothing. He was also the best student in his year and he received a scholarship to travel outside the country to do masters, but then I got pregnant.

I am planning to allow him to go after I give birth. If  he comes back after the masters and still wants to marry me, then I will marry him proudly and happily.

My parents were happier, as they couldn’t hide their happiness. My mom called me by the corner and asked me why my stomach was big but I lied to her.

I thought she was already over the question until she re-asked me when we were going back home. My dad heard it and was sad. There happiness turned to sadness in few seconds all because of me.

My dad wanted to show his anger by slapping me in public, but my mom calmed him down.

She reminded him that people were watching and that he should avoid disgracing himself in the public.

I knew that she wasn’t in support of what I did; she was only trying to keep her dignity.

My dad dragged me into the car, but then Damian stood in front of the car. He took a great risk because my father that I know would run him down if he should find out that he is responsible.

”who is he? My dad asked me as he stepped on the brake to stop the car.
I didn’t answer him out of the fear that he might act fast.

Damian came to me immediately and tried to take me out of the car but my dad refused.

He claimed the child at that spot, in the presence of my angry dad even though I gave him signs not to.

He looks responsible and he is a Christian. He apologized to my parents for getting me pregnant on the spot.

He claimed that it wasn’t my fault, and at that point my dad raised up his hands to slap him but my mom whom he worships begged him.