CHAPTER 14

Bella called me that morning to check how I was; she hinted me that she is currently in Enugu to see a friend.

She wanted to catch up with me; she said that she had something to discuss with me.

I didnt waste time, and went to see her; we gisted about alot of things. She told me about a guy that she likes alot. Then she asked how I have been coping without her brother.

I didn't know what to say to her at this point other than to wear a smile, and probably lie that I am okay.

I asked her what she wanted to discuss with me, and she told me that it was nothing important.

" I just missed you so much" she said

" How is your brother, he speaks to you all right" I asked

She looked at me for a while, then she said that it wasn't like that.

It turns out that they have been hearing from Damian but didn't want to tell me.

I  was disgusted, but still pretended to be happy.

"Why! Why did he cut me off, what did I exactly do wrong" I questioned her

"All I did was love your brother, and treasure him alot. I gave him everything I had, but what did I get in return? Rejection"

I begged sher and her family to leave me alone. I was fed up, and tired of hurting alone, while they all enjoyed themselves.

I didn't know when I told her that I am over his brother, and that I am currently seeing someone else.

"What"? She asked

"I am currently in a relationship and doesn't need any distraction;

"so I need all your family members to fuck off from my side" I told her, and left.

I went back home feeling used, and dirty; I pulled off my clothes and scrubbed my body off the dirt on it.

Seeing Amarachi was doing me more harm than good, so I felt her for my parents and left. It is not as if she recognizes my face, and it is not as if I have the finances to support her.

I felt like my problems started the day I met her father; first I got pregnant, gave birth to a child that can't recognize me. A child that can call another mom, and even follow them home, without knowing.

Her father made a promise that he couldn't keep, and abandoned me with such child. Neither father, more son cares to know me, and it hurts.

Mom tried to stop me; only if they are aware of how many times I had died, woke up, and asked God why he is toying with me, and my emotion.

I couldn't endure Amarachi's tears, her cries made my heart bleed the more; so I ran far away without looking bad.

I believed my parents will love her more than I will ever love her.

"I am an incompetent, and useless mother who can not even handle her emotions not to consider loving and caring for her baby.

I moved to lagos where I started working as a secretary to a fashion designer. She designed all kinds of beautiful already made wears.

She is a local and international designer; I booked her flight each time she was going on business trips, I organized her calenders, and many more.

Working for her I got to taste first class life; I traveled around the country, and outside the country.

I over worked myself so that I won't have the chance to think of my baby, but I couldn't stop thinking of her.

Sometimes I blocked the emotion, but they always came back, and that time they hit me harder.

One faithful day, my boss, Alesha otedola told me to book a doctor's appointment with her; I thought she was sick, so I did that.

One week later she told me to contact eniola, one of her models; I was to tell her to come to her office the next day.

I contacted the 17 years old lady, and told her exactly as I was told.

The next morning I went to the restroom to ease myself, then I overhead two models gossiping that Eniola got pregnant, and that Mrs Alisha's husband was responsible.

Mrs Aliaha has been visiting the hospital for IVF for months now, but nothing has been coming out of it all

Immediately I realized that the appointment I booked this time around isn't for her IVF, but for abortion.

My mind tells me that she wants eniola to abort the child.

I wanted to confront her over it, but on second thought I decided to let it go. Eniola is too young to have a child; my story is a typical example.

I can't even look out for my child even though I wanted to. She is sick but I can't help her work past it. Thinking that my child will have social anxiety scares me more.

If eniola should have the child am sure she can't look after her, considering her career and all that. She loves cat-walking, and I don't think she would want to risk it for the child.

They told me to stay back today; mrs Aliaha said she wanted Eniola to help her out with something.

I told her that I know, besides the models are talking about Eniola's pregnancy and how her husband is responsible.

She wanted to go and tear the girls to pieces but then I brought to her notice that this might be a way that God wants to use and answer her prayers.

Eniola can have the child and give her or she to her; then she can continue with her career.

She got angry with me and the next thing I heard was

"You are sacked"