CHAPTER 6

My parents were as hungry as I was, but they refused to eat. I  get sad each time they refused because I know it's all because of me.

Dad can be quite difficult, as he left us and went inside his room. He claims that he will not collect anything from damian and eat until his family comes and remove the shame from his eyes.

Each time dad refused to eat what belongs to Damian, mom too retracts. I understand she and her husband means good.

I was a bit satisfied after eating the fruits but I still needed real food which I have not had since night before.

Throughout that month everything went perfect and our baby grew healthily

1 months later, it was just about a month before I give birth to my child. That was around 6:00am, I woke up to pee when I heard my parents discussing with someone on the phone.

With respect to how they were talking to the person I realized that the person on the other end of the phone must be someone familiar to the family.

They weren’t talking about me, rather it was about my baby daddy, Damian. It was when he mentioned the person’s name that I found out that he was speaking to one of our university board member who happened to be his friend and Damian’s lecturer. 

My dad is a lover of education and intelligent people, so I believe he won’t wish to give out his intelligent daughter to a less intelligent but romantic and caring fellow.

I paid attention to what the main topic was and I found out that he wanted to find out about Damian academic performance.

” It is just like him, I said in a low tone. The man whose name happens to be Mr. Philemon told him to wait for a while so that he can access the documents and find out for him.

I heard the door handle click open and immediately went back to my bed and laid down.

“Damian is as brilliant as I am so I had no reason to fear, I concluded.

If that is the only ticket for my parents to finally allow us to be together, I believe that we should start preparing for the marriage from this moment.

My mom came into my room and called me into their room to discuss where I will stay since I will soon deliver my child.

They concluded that I should go and stay with Damian who comes and go back to where he was staying. He got a job in a pharmaceutical company to work, so he stays in the company’s hostel.

That was actually where I was staying with him before my convocation. I told my parents about his scholarship to travel to Harvard University for his masters but he did not reply them.

“He probably didn’t want to go for me and my baby, I added

“What? My dad shouted in shock

He probably is shocked how a man will choose love over his future.

“I know that as well and that is why I still maintain that it must be him for me, I said in murmur.

My parents stared right into my eyes for a while before my dad now told me that I should advise him to go.

According to him it will be beneficial for both him, me and my unborn child.
I knew that and I have already concluded that I will let him go a month or two after I give birth, I told them

  They probably didn’t know that my man is not only romantic and caring but also intelligent and smart.

He is the true definition of perfection.
From that day onwards I wasn’t happy and I wasn’t sad, rather I was filled with fear. Fear that I might miss him a lot, fear that I may not be able to live a day or two without him.

I was already missing him even though he was there with me. I wanted to have fun and to do everything my heart wanted before he will leave for good.

I packed my things and left with him on one of the occasions that he visited my parent’s. Knowing him is the best thing that has ever happened to me and I will wish to know him and him alone forever and ever.

I wished that the ninth month won’t come so fast but as nature has it, two weeks time will be the ninth month.
I was scared to let go and that made me to cry with each passing day.

From that day I vowed that it must be him for me or no other person. I will wait until the day he will come back, even if it will take eternity.

I made up my mind that my child must have the best life she deserved, but that didn’t come to pass 100%. My child was later on diagnosed with prosopagnosia and I never heard nor saw my Damian again.

2 weeks later I delivered my bouncing baby girl and we named her, Amarachi.