CHAPTER 21

I was at the door coming out when I sighted someone that looks exactly as damian approaching the reception from the stairs. I wanted to shout his name, but then I was cut short by the presence of another figure.

It was a lady In her late 20s; she took each step as damian and they were in a heated conversation. I couldn't hear them, but then I could tell it was a serious matter.

They walked past me without noticing my presence; I stood still like someone that was poured cold water.

I knew i had seen the white lady somewhere before, but at that moment I couldn't tell from where and how.

I stood for quite a long time, then gentle I left the hotel. The road was quite lonely, and no bus was running at that time; I couldn't care much about what happens to me.

I was just deliberating on where I saw the lady and what relationship she must have with Damian.

Then I recalled back a blog post by a blogger; he speculated that the two were in a relationship as he saw them together at the courthouse.

I ran back to the hotel to question damian, and to find out answers concerning his relationship with Clara.

While I was going in I met damian at the front door of the hotel; he saw me and walked closer to me. I could tell from his look that he was shocked to see me there.

I slapped him immediately; his only reaction was his hand on his cheek, and his widened eyeball. I guess he was shocked, and must have questions as to why I slapped him.

He ushered me inside, but I wasn't in the mood to sit down in the same space as a liar like him.

I stood still, all I was thinking about was the length of betrayal and lies he had told me.

"Who is she, and why is here with you" I questioned him.

"Who are you talking about" he asked looking surprised

"Clara"
"Isn't she the same lady in the blog post with you; your alleged wife" I asked him.

" Ooh!! Let's go inside first, I have something important to tell" he says

I laughing, not happy, but can't say I was defeated either

"Wow! You don't even have an explanation" I told him and stormed out.

He tried to stop me by pulling my hand, but I won't let him have his way.

" The road is very dangerous for a young lady to move around at this time of the night" damian says

I couldn't think straight at all, I just walked quietly until I got home. When I got home my parents were standing outside, I could tell they were looking for me.

Dad slapped me so hard as soon as he  saw, and called me useless.

DAMIAN'S POV

I woke up that morning and for the first morning in a long time I saw my angel laying close to me. I had been dreaming of these moments for as much years as I have stayed without her by my side.

I received a call from an international number, it says "CLARA". She called to notify me of an emergency at the office that calls for my attention.

I told her to forward the link to the update to me via Email, and that she did. I opened the email immediate and followed the link to a blog post by "ORIENTAL PUBLICATION" late night news digest.

It turns out that one of our biggest investors has a huge scandal ongoing; one of their employees leaked their financial manipulation and documents to the public. So the company "OJT FINANCE" is being charged to court for fraud, corruption and embezzlement.

Every company they are affiliated with are currently pulling out, so currently there is a board of directors conference meeting schedule for tomorrow. She wanted me to have a headline of the situation.

I knew I was to go back to the state, but then I am not confident; leaving Stella and Amarachi again is something I never planned doing.

I wanted to tell her about the meeting after her doctor appointment but she won't listen. She thought I liked her doctor, but that isn't the case. Her actions at the hospital were so funny that I couldn't help but laugh. I love her so much to even consider cheating on her, but she doesn't believe that.

I actually told the doctor that she is not my sister, but my fiancee and the mother of my beautiful 8 years old. Funny enough dr Authority understood and apologized for calling her my sister.

I tried explaining the situation to her but she doesn't want to listen to me, and the more she drag the more our time together goes by without us using it.

I was about calling her when Clara called me to tell me that she is at the nigerian airport; I was shocked because I was supposed to meet her in london the next day.

She wanted us to review some documents together, so I went and picked her up. We had a short chatting, and paper reviewing; then I brought her downstairs to drive her to her hotel, but then Clara saw us together.

How do I explain to her that she misunderstood us; I don't even understand why our relationship is just going south.