CHAPTER 9

I contacted stella, but her dad picked; I told him about it, and he told me that I shouldn't have informed the company about it in the first place since I wanted it to be an independent project

He thinks that the contract I signed with the company usually point put that every project I establish while still working for  the company  belongs to the company.

Failure to do that might attract the company to sue me. He asked I send him a copy of the contract I signed so that he can send it to a friend for review

I forwarded it as quick as possible. It took him two days to give me feedback. That day I got a whatsapp call from a man who introduced himself to me as mr kennedy.

He explained that according to my contract the main obligation I have to the company is to render them as much assistant as possible.

Because I am not their employee they are not entitled to any of my projects, nor claim ownership of the work.

Unless they agree to employ me as their full worker I am owing them nothing but genuine assistance.

If para venture I want to work for they, he stated that I should let them know that they have right over all my projects, but the ones I developed before the contract renewal date.

If I do t want my contract with them to be renewed then I should leave with my projects as soon as the contract expires.

The most important update being that I am not allowed to use any of the company's materials for my personal projects.

He also stated that for me to be on the safer side I should not give them updates concerning my unfinished projects. Infact I am to refrain from taking anything personal to my work place.

I was so happy to be blessed with both stella and her parents, plus mine too. Those individuals have been my best support system through so far.

I was rounding up my project the very time that my contract expired. I had alot of set backs, and faced couple  of challenges.

It has been my dream to own my very own software company, and that was why I applied to harvard immediately after my NYSC (national youth service corp).

The first company I took my proposal to for investment talked about how nigerian aren't trustworthy.

I tried convincing them but turns out they were racist.

The second wanted me to marry their daughter; according to mr pius monday, that is the best way to initiate trust between the two family.

I informed him that I am engaged but he won't listen, so I opted out.

The third was my previous company; but they wanted to hire me as their developer, and that wasn't what I wanted.

While I was redrafting my proposal I met clara, she is the daughter of a chinese business man. She was sent to harvard 4 years ago to  study business, but she loved fashion.

We began talking, and she told me about her family, and dream of becoming a fashion designer. According to her father fashion designer is a waste of time. She needed to learn to manage the family business as the sole successor.

She saw my proposal, and liked it, so she decided talk to her father concerning me. We became friends, and we talk about almost everything. She knows about stella, and my beautiful angel.

She suggested I follow her back home to shanghai to meet her father. She told me that her father sponsors start-ups, and helps them stand; that is if the proposal is good and he can benefit from it.