CHAPTER 25

DAMIAN'S POV

I was present at the court during the court ruling; I was very happy for not giving up on my partner.

I got back to the office to the sight of smiling Clara. She was standing right at the front desk of the office when I arrived.

She said that Mr Bangkok and Mr Lucas have been in my office for quite a while now.

I went in and saw them smiling; mr Lucas said that I took risk, but then the outcome is great.

Stella's dad once told me that risk brings success; one takes risk to empower an opportunity to yield success.

"The outcome is a great one, so who cares about the risk" I thought

Everyone was very happy; Mr Dutch came by at the office to appreciate us for trusting him.

Yes I didn't tell you guys this; our company became no 1 searched on the internet all thanks to Mr Dutch's words of thank you to our company during his interview with the reporters.

Mr Bangkok invited both I and Clara out for Lunch; we went and during the lunch he chipped in conversations about how I and Clara would make a good couple.

I told him that I have a family and doesn't plan to leave them for anything. He said that it isn't bad to have two wives; he believes that if I plan well I can handle the two.

My grandfather married one wife, and so did my dad, and I don't see reason why I should break the family tradition.

I begged to excuse myself from the dinner, then I went back to the office.

I opened my messenger and saw Stella's messages; she said that she misses me. I miss my two princesses too; and wishes to see her. I called her on video call, but she wasn't online to pick up.

I booked a flight to Nigeria immediately, and in no time I arrived. I visited my parents first and slept at the house that night. I told them of my plan to marry Stella; mom thinks I have taken a lot of time.

Ebuka said that I should be grateful that Stella is a good person, if not she would have left me and gotten married to another man since.

Dad called some of his brothers kingsmen and discussed the issue with them and we fixed a date to travel to Enugu.

Two days before that day I called Stella's dad and asked him how the meeting with his people went and he said that it went well.

I was so happy; I told him that I am in the country and begged him to keep it a secret from stella.

Two days later my family visited Mr victor's family home with some kola, palm wine, drinks, yams, goat, etc.

Stella was sleeping when they arrived, so they didn't bother telling her until it was time for the mom to call her out so they could here her answer.

STELLA'S POV

I was so shocked when my mom came and woke me up to inform me that Damian and his people are in my house.

I couldn't let her finish, and I jumped off from my bed, and was about heading outside; she dragged me back by pulling my hair.

I looked back to ask her what was wrong, or is she pulling my legs.

" Are you going out in these clothes" she asked.

I looked at myself from head to toe, then I noticed that I wasn't properly dressed for someone that is about to meet her inlaws. It is not as if I haven't met them before o, just that mom thinks it is better to appear before them in a fresher, responsible and cleaner outfit.

I changed into a gown, and then followed my mom outside to meet the visitors. I sighted Damian from the front door; he wore a senator outfit, with balenciaga shoes. From his look you will know he prepared very well for this outing.

He was shinning, tho he has always been handsome. That very moment I knew there is no more going back for me: as for Damian and i, we die here together.

Dad announced to me that this young man here, referring to Damian, has come all the way from Mbaise with his kingsmen to pluck a ride Udara from our home.

(ripe/ beautiful Udara= beautiful woman) (ripe symbolizing mature/beautiful/homely; Udara meaning the lady to be plucked/married)

He called me so that I will confirm if I know the young man in question, and if I wishes to marry him.

I was so excited; actually I have been be waiting for 8 years for this, and finally it is happening.

"Yes sir, I know him and I want to marry him" I said shyly to my dad.

"Ehee anyi garu ru agaru" the visitors said.

(Anyi ga ruru agaru, meaning we reached/arrived in peace)

My dowry was paid in full, and my traditional wedding commenced.

I thought Damian would choose to skip some tradition, but he didn't. He did everything as tradition demands; then we started preparing for our white wedding.

Damian wanted it to happen abroad; so we had to wait until after olaedo's wedding which is to take place In two weeks time.

Olaedo's wedding made noise, as her husband has money, and connection. It happened that my parents unknowingly married his two beautiful daughters off to men that knows what's up, and men that has the gig on their hand.

Mr Bangkok sent his private jet to bring the family over to London to grace our wedding; he said that was his wedding gift to us.

It was a big and happy one. Reporters and television platforms both national and international carried the news of our wedding.

Meanwhile Clara met my brother, Gabriel, at the wedding and couldn't take her eyes off him; the two started conversing......

THE END.....