CHAPTER 19

He held me with one hand, and worked on his computer with the other.

Even on the work mode he still looked handsome and exotic. I could still see my lover, Damian , inside him; just that he looks fresher.

"Money sure changes a man" I thought

He immediately dropped his laptop on the front seat, adjusted me and lay down on one side of the seat. He then spread his hand and told me to rest on it; I couldn't reject the offer, so I rested and shortly after I slept off like a baby while listening to johnny drill's song "bad dancer".

Hours later I woke up, and my eyes caught the sharp rays of sun. I could tell I over slept. I looked around but didn't see Damian; then I wore my shirt back, and ran outside.

I still didn't get a sight of Damian; immediately I became afraid. I thought I was dreaming, but the dream felt so real. I screamed his name but he didn't answer; I sat on the sandy ground, bent my head to face the earth and started weeping.

Then I remembered the car; I couldn't recognize the car not to talk of me owing one. I went back inside it, and saw some files with the name "MENTEL CORPORATION" written on it.

I recognized MENTEL to be the name of Damian's company; immediately I was assured that I wasn't dreaming.

"It is all real, Damian is back" I thought and ran out to search for him.

A hand touched me from behind, I got scared and so turned to face the stranger; Lo and behold, forever handsome damian stood right in front of me.

I smiled sweetly at him; it turns out that he went out to grab breakfast for me. He had a box of pizza and tea on his hand. I could tell from the box of pizza that he woke someone up to get it. The time was 9am and I doubt any pizza shop had started work fully for the day.

"Hope you didn't threaten someone to get this" I asked him

"Not really; I just used few extra cash, and my good looks to get the lady to bake it for me" he says

I was speechless seeing him brag about his finances and good looks to me. I already knew that, but then hearing him say it out makes his face look ugly in my eyes.

"What a bomboclat" I thought

"I can tell the girl doesn't have good eyes" I told him

"Not really, she has the best and clearest eyes, Madam" he says

"Madam? Who are you calling madam here; better mind yourself o" I said rebuking his word.

He just laughed and sang the spiteful "some people jealous me" song to me.

"Who is jealous of who" I asked and chased after him, and ran around the beach.

As we ran I remembered old days, our numerous play time at the beach, his former house, field, and our trips too.

I knew inside me immediately that I wanted more of Damian, but I wasn't sure if it wasn't late already.

It didn't take time before reality hit me down with force; I wanted to ask if he is going back to the state, and when. Then he looked at his clock, and reminded me that it is almost time for my medication.

We went back into the car, ate the pizza and drove down to the hospital.

AT THE HOSPITAL

"You are 10 minutes late for today's treatment " the annoying doctor said

"If not for this handsome young man here with you I would have told you to go back home" she said.

I felt immediately that Dr Authority hates me, but I don't understand why she does. From the very moment i stepped into the ward yesterday she has been acting strange towards me.

I felt a pain on my hand as she was slapped my hand to prep it for the injection. I made an ouch sound to inform her that it was painful, but she did nothing to show that she heard me.

Then I looked up and observed that she wasn't focusing on the injection; she was busy admiring Damian, and licking her lips.

"Ah ha, I knew it" I said and pulled my hands off the table.

"Give me your hand, let me do this and go attend to my other patients" she said

I was never comfortable with her kind of diagnosis, coupled with her rudeness; not to talk of the fact that I am aware of her crush on my Damian.

"I will never allow that she devil to snatch my man away from me" I thought.

I stood up from the chair and was about walking out of the room, but then Damian called me back. He insisted I complete my medication; I understood, but then I can't allow that lady to kill me and take what belongs to me.

He sat me back down, and told Dr Authority to continue with what she was doing.

"This your sister is very stubborn" she said and smiled while still looking at Damian.

"Sister? Don't tell me that this woman thinks he is my brother. That must be why she is seducing him.
" Wow Wow And wow" I exclaimed .

I wanted to correct her, but then I looked at Damian who was smiling, and then back at Dr Authority whom I clearly caught blushing. She hid one part of her hair behind her ear.

Now I could properly examine and see why some men play with some women. She was clearly flirting with him, and he was busy leading her on.

I pitied her immediately; if only she knows that he has a daughter, and that I am not his sister, but his fiancee.

I raised up my hand and slapped damians mouth to stop him from smiling for no reason.

He looked at my sulking face and busted into laughter immediately. I felt embarrassed and angry immediately.

"Okay, I am done", Dr Authority says and looked at Damian.

"Can I see you in my office, sir, I want to tell you something concerning your sister" Dr Authority said referring to Damian

"Okay dr, I will be with you shortly" damian said to her.

He gave me a sign to stay put and wait for him, but I wasn't planning on doing just that. I knew that woman had nothing important to say to him, she just wants to shoot her shot at him.

"Men are not to be trusted" I thought.

"I held his hands to stop him, but he insisted on going; then I immediately volunteered to go and hear the news first class from her, since it concerns my health.