CHAPTER 4

He prepared the rice and veggie with the help of my little sister, olaedo, who was around at that time.

The sweet aroma of the food alone could pacify my hungry stomach. Damian is the best white rice and veggie cook I have ever met in my life; his rice is usually singular and not clustered and gummy like the one olaedo cooks at home.

I watched my parents as they sniff in the aroma of the food into their nostrils; it is so painful to say but my man is a real man, just like my dad…, I will say.

They two handsome guys know how to treat their woman well. People usually call my dad a woman wrapper because he listens and followed my mom all around when we were younger.

His wife, my mother soon became the most important part of him. Their love was sacred and my mom soon became the envy of every other woman who desire the type love my dad showers on my mom.

When I clocked 12 I vowed that my husband will love and treasure me just like my dad does to my mom, and that prayer God is really granting me.

I was caught up with the thought of how perfect my man and dad is that I didn't hear when olaedo announced that breakfast is ready.

I looked up and saw Damian approaching my sitting place; he assisted me to stand up, and walked me to the dining table.

My family hardly eats without saying a general before meal prayer. The prayer was led by Damian, whose prayer we appreciated.

He acted just like family. The meal was too delicious that someone like olaedo desired for more.

Dad refused to join us in the meal; according to him it is enough to let Damian into his house considering the fact that he dainted our home by impregnating me.

He believes that having premarital sex in the first place is against the Christain faith, not to talk of the embarrassment he will face if the church should find out about my pregnancy.

That day was Saturday so my dad didn’t bother going to work as usual. I believe he wanted to put an eye on me, and to make sure I don't leave the four walls of the house.

Damian paid his respect to my parents by not sharing the same bed with me, and then bathing the same time with me. I believe my dad left his eyes open to make sure that we were never in the room all alone.

I guess he doesn’t trust neither of us, but who will when I am seen clearly carrying a huge baby bump.

his only reason for allowing Damian to come in and go out of our house is so that I will give birth to this baby safely.

I understand him because he is a man of integrity and the villagers respected him, so he won’t wish to be disgraced by his daughter whom he bragged about.

He never ceases to brag to his friends about me whenever they came visiting. All of his friends called me nnem meaning my mother.  T

hey always claim me as their daughter in-law because I am beautiful, brilliant, smart and obedient, speaking their thoughts and carries their believe.

Two weeks later, I was lying on my bed, probably waiting for when manner will fall from heaven so that I will eat. My baby was requesting for food and there was nothing at home.

Damian always brought good for me and my family, but that day he travelled and my dad haven’t been paid yet.

I tried to endure hunger by reading an interesting novel, titled "Daziella" on wattpad

The story was written by a dope author, Anointing Azuoma; I love the characters of the novel so much.
Soon enough I couldn’t endure the hunger any longer, as my stomach started rumbling and my tongue started to taste salty. I felt like vomiting so badly