Chapter 13: Unexpected visitor

Hange's POV:

I was walking back to the house. As soon as I opened the front door I saw a young girl sitting on the couch. She was around 14-15 years old. By the looks of it, she must be one of Levi's relatives because she looks similar to him.

I walked in and made my way to where she was. "Hello!" I greeted the girl.

"Hello, you must be.. Hange? Levi's girlfriend?" She asked

"Yes, you're right. I didn't really catch your name, what's your name?"

"I'm Mikasa." She says

"He didn't mention anyone coming over, must be a last minute visit?"

"Kinda..." She says in a sad tone. Something must be wrong, but what is bugging her? I didn't want to ask, guess I'll just ask Levi when he gets back.

* * *

Levi soon got back. He called me over to the backyard. I walked over to him and he closed the sliding door as soon as I got outside.

"Why'd you call me? is there something wrong?" I asked

"It's about Mikasa"

"What about her?"

"She's going to stay with us for a few days. Her parents got into a car accident this morning, I was the only relative that lives near them, so they asked if Mikasa can stay here for a bit. I couldn't say no because they're very close relatives. It was very last minute, I'm sorry I didn't inform you about it." He says

"It's fine. Where will she sleep though?"

"In the guest bedroom, you can sleep in my room while she's here."

"Ah, alright" I said with a smile.

I opened the sliding door and we both walked back into the house. Levi explained to Mikasa where she'd sleep in the meantime and told her to put her stuff in the guest bedroom. She nodded and I walked her to her room.

I took some of my stuff from the room to make space for her stuff. I then walked over to Levi's room to place my stuff there. As expected, the room was spotless. It was practically shining because it was so clean.

I placed my stuff in one of the empty cabinets. I made sure to fold my clothes neatly or Levi would go insane. I went to the nightstand beside his bed and admired the photo that was beautifully displayed inside a wooden picture frame. It was a picture of a woman smiling while holding a child that was between 4-5 years of age. The child looked like Levi, and I'm guessing the woman is his mother.

"I see you're looking at me and my mothers picture" Levi said

I slightly jumped when I heard him. "Yeah.. also don't scare me like that" I laughed.

He scoffed and walked over to his closet and grabbed a pair of gray sweatpants and a white shirt. He walked to the bathroom and shut the door. I guess he's going to take a bath.

I walked out of the room, seeing Mikasa in the living room, writing something while having a few books open.

"Hey Mikasa! What are you doing?" I asked

"Homework."

"Oh, what subject?"

"Science" She says while trying to find something in the book.

"Would you like me to help you? Not to brag but, I'm pretty good at science" I say, sitting beside her.

"Yes please.." She says. I smile as I read the questions and helped her.

* * *

"Alright, we're done. Is that all?" I asked

"Yes. Thank you Hange-san"

"Anytime kiddo" I say as I got up.

Levi got out of his bedroom, walking over to the kitchen.

"Are you going to make dinner?" I asked him

"Yes."

I walked over to the kitchen "want me to help?" I smiled

"Just don't make a mess"

I laughed.

* * *

After dinner, I said goodnight to Mikasa. Me and Levi drank wine in his room. It took a lot to convince him to let me drink as well. I can't blame him for not letting me, from what I've heard from him, I nearly passed out last time we drank.

End of Chapter

Random quote of the day:

"The greatest gift of life is life itself"