Chapter 35: A snake's comeback

Hange's POV:

"Levi!" A woman exclaimed as she walked out of the building. Who is that woman? Could she be.....?

"Tch. What the hell are you doing here?" Levi asked, very annoyed.

"Aww, didn't miss me?" She asked, her lips slowly growing into a smile, almost a smirk. No, it was definitely a smirk, and not the pleasing kind.

"Why the hell would I miss a snake that cheated?" Levi asked, almost like he was making a statement. His grip on my hand tightened as he pulled me closer to him.

Clarice Riego..... So this is Levi's ex. She was undoubtedly pretty. She wasn't all that tall, she only looked tall due to the black heels she was wearing. She had mid-lenght golden brown locks that were slightly curled to give off a wavy look. Green glowy eyes that give me an eerie feeling. They weren't those sweet emerald orbs I'm used to seeing. It seemed they were tainted with anger and rage that gave them that fiery green glow. She wore a short black tight fitting dress that had a slit to expose skin from her thighs. She wore black heels with red bottoms to give her a little height. Though she was wearing heels, I was still taller than her.

She turned her venomous eyes towards me and looked and me from top to bottom with a displeased look.

"Ugh, tell me this is just some maid you're trying to be nice to, because this bitch most definitely isn't worthy of being your partner." She said. She said the first word in a disgusted and sarcastic tone.

"No this woman isn't just some maid, she's my girlfriend, the mother or my child, my soon-to-be wife. You haven't changed on bit, you piece of shit. You have no right to talk to her like that. Don't get in our way tonight." He said, then pushing Clarice out of our way, that almost threw her out of balance due to her high heels.

Not gonna lie, I would've wished he pushed her a tad bit harder. Seeing her tumble down would complete my whole week.

As we walked in we were greeted by the board members.

"Levi, it's nice to see you again, and this must be your wife?" One of the men in suits asked.

"She's not my wife just yet, but she will be. I guess you could say she is." He said.

After a few more chats we were asked to come inside the meeting room. But only the CEO and the board were allowed to go in, so Levi asked me to stay in his office while I wait. He assigned Petra to make sure I was alright while he was gone.

Petra escorted me to the elevator and we headed up to Levi's office. Once we got there I saw the familiar layout I usually see. It had change just a bit since I last went here. The books on the shelves seemed to have doubled and the seats around the office were bigger and looked comfier.

Petra and I were talking as we had tea when we heard a knock comming from the wooden door of the room that lead to the main hallway of the building. Petra got up and opened it, only to reveal Clarice standing behind the door.

She looked at Petra. "Is Levi here?" She asked in an excited tone.

"No. He's in the meeting room, miss." She said in a cold tone. If it weren't for formalities I think she wouldn't have called her miss.

Clarice peeked into the room and found me on the couch sipping tea. "Eww! What's she doing in a CEO's office?! She doesn't belong her-"

She got cut off by mom, Kuchel, walking by. "What's going on here?" She asked.

"Ohh hi there Mrs. Ackerman" Clarice said in a different tone as if she wasn't being bratty a few seconds ago.

"I heard yelling, what was that about?" She asked, but looking at Petra.

"Oh nothing Mrs. Ackerman, it's just tha-" Clarice answered but got cut off by mom.

"No, no, I was asking Petra. What is going on here, Petra?" Mom's tone changed as she asked Petra with sweetness.

"Miss Riego was looking for sir Levi, I told her that he is in the meeting. She then saw miss Hange in sir Levi's office and she got mad asking why Hange is in Levi's office." Petra told her the truth.

"Miss Riego.... I expected better from you.. Especially coming from a well respected and humble family." Mom said to Clarice while made Clarice's devilish smile fade away.

"I'm so sorry, Mrs. Ackerman" she said, a bit embarrassed.

Mom peeked through the door and saw me sitting on the white sofa.

"Oh Hange! Hello, it's nice to see you again, dear" she said with a smile.

I walked up to her and she gave me a hug. "It's nice to see you too, mom" I said with a smile.

"I'm sorry.... Mom?.." Clarice asked.

"Is there a problem?" I asked.

"Then, I almost used to be his fiancee. I mean I was, he just hadn't proposed. But I certainly did not have the right to call Mrs. Ackerman ' mom ' " She said.

"I told her to call me mom. You should probably get going. I bumped into Mrs. Riego earlier and she was looking for you." Mom said to Clarice.

Clarice had a visibly annoyed face but she tried to hide it as best as she can while infront of mom. She nodded and left.

*After the meeting*

Levi's POV:

The meeting was finally done. I was about to go look for Hange but then a voice spoke from behind me.

"Levi" A male voice spoke. I recognized the voice, it was Mr. Riego.

I turned around to look at him.

"I must say, you have bloomed into a fine young man" He says. "I heard you've gotten a girl pregnant?" He asked.

"Yes. I do plan on marrying her." I say.

"You know..." He started "things could've worked out with you and my daughter, Clarice" he says.

"No offense Mr. Riego but Clarice has cheated on me, plus I love Hange more than Clarice." I say.

"Think about the power our families could hold if it were joint together, we would be the most influential family in the world" Mr. Riego says.

"What about my current girlfriend? And our child? The possible future I could build with them? Wouldn't it be selfish if I leave Hange and the baby for more power?" I say irritated at the thought of leaving Hange for that snake Clarice.

"It's not like you'd turn your backs on them... You can still co-parent with Ms. Zoe" He says. "Don't you remember how happy you and Clarice were? It would be nice to see you two again." Mr. Riego says.

The memories I buried deep down in the darkest pits of my mind resurfaced. I thought I have forgotten about them permanently. They were as fresh as I remember them.

End of chapter

AN:

Hi syug BWAHAHSHAHAHA

Sorry to keep y'all waiting. I tried to make this chapter longer to make up for all the shorter ones I previously published 🥹

Remember to drink water and not to stress yourselves out too much!

Love you all!

- Jea/Chie