Chapter 34: Preparing for an event

Levi's POV:

Hange was still fast asleep, can't blame her. She is Pregnant. I slowly walked into her room after I made pancakes and sausages for our breakfast. I know that it's not the healthiest food someone can eat but she'd throw everything up anyway if she doesn't like the taste of the food. Plus I don't make these types of breakfast everyday.

I sat beside the brunette sleeping peacefully under the sheets. "Wake up, love" I said as I caressed her check.

She groaned but she was still half asleep. "Get up now, I made us breakfast" I say softly. She opened her eyes and looked at me "can you bring the food here?" she asked, she could tell from the look on my face that I would say no. "Pleaseee?" she pleated. "Fine, just don't make a mess." I say, that brought a smile to her face. 

I brought in our food and placed the the plate on top of the bed tray. She ate pretty quickly. "Oi eat slowly, you might choke" I say. 

After eating I got a phone call from my assistant, Petra. "Sir, there will be an event later at the company. at 7 in the evening. You and Hange are expected to be there" She said  through the phone. "Does Hange really have to be there? don't you think it would be better if she stayed here and rested rather than being at an event?" I aske. I didn't want to stress her out or make her stay at the event. I don't want her to tire herself out. 

"Yes, sir. They want to see you and the mother of your unborn child, especially since she is the one pregnant with the heir to the company." She says. "Fine, I'll ask her." I say before hanging up.

"Hange" She looked at me as she drank her glass of water. "Hm?" she replied. "There is an event later at the company, are you willing to come? you don't need to come if you don't want to" I say. "I'd  love to come. What time?" 

"7 pm" I answer. 

*A few hours later*

I knocked on the wooden door. "Love, are you done?" I asked Hange. "Yep" she answered. The door soon opened, revealing Hange in a brown flowy dress. It wasn't too tight on her nor was it too loose. It fitted her perfectly. Though Hange was only a few months pregnant, you could tell that she was. Her stomach wasn't that big but you could see she was expecting.

"The car is ready, let's go" I say as I grabbed her hand, walking to the front door.

We soon arrived at the event. It was a simple event with the board members. I took Hange's hand and walked towards the entrance.

At the front of the building, there we found Petra. She looked like she'd seen a ghost. The look of fear and worry plastered all over her face. "Oi Petra, why do you look like you're so stressed? Is everything alright?"

She just exchanged glances at us, she looked at me, then at Hange then at me again. "Sir... There's someone inside there that I don't think you'd want to see..." She said sheepishly.

"Who?" I asked, giving her a puzzled look. There were a lot of people I may not want to see inside. For one, a cousin of mine. He'd just keep on bragging about how he'd accomplish way more than me if I weren't the heir to our family company. Another is one of the board members. He's always absent anyways, but if he is here he'd annoy me all night. But then again, who could this person be that got Petra worrying.

"Clarice Riego.." She said, avoiding eye contact with me and Hange.

That bitch? What's she doing here? Who the hell invited her? Why does she have to be here? Every possible question ran through my mind, but the answer? It was nowhere to be found.

"Levi!" A woman spoke.

That voice, it's very familiar. A voice that now brings back trauma for me. The voice that I thought I'd never hear ever again. The of voice of my ex.

End of Chapter

AN: LMAOO HII  😭

I AM SO SORRY FOR NOT PUBLISHING. I've been procrastinating for months now, I have no idea when I'll publish the next chapter but I am determined to finish this story, I don't wanna leave y'all hanging.

By re-reading this story I find some of it a little cringy  😭  but I'm too lazy to rewrite this whole story rn so I'll just let y'all deal with my terrible grammar and spelling, LIKE HOW I SPELT "LOSE" AS "LOOSE" LMAOLMAO

Also, have I given Levi's ex a name? I kinda forgot if I had. If I did and accidentally gave her a new name please let me know.

Anyways, thank you all for being so patient with me, I really appreciate it. Love you all!

Yours truly,

Jea/Chie