Chapter 24: Forgiveness?

Hange's POV:

I was left stunned. Did he really mean it? He still loves me....

"Hange?" He says while waving his hand in front of my face.

"Huh?"

"You've been staring at the door for quite some time now.. Say something."

"Oh- yeah, sorry.. I was just.. Shocked." I looked down at my hands before I looked up as our eyes met. "Did you really mean it? You still... Love me?"

"I wasn't supposed to say it but yeah, I do." He says with a calm gentle expression.

My face grew hot at his statement. Great. Just when I thought that we've both moved on. "I- I'm afraid I can't return the feelings you have for me. I'm sorry."

"It's fine. I didn't really expect you return the favor. I just wanted to clarify that to you.." He paused. "But can we be friends? You know... Start over again as friends?"

"Of course" I smiled at him.

"One more thing.. Do you forgive me?"  He asks.

I nodded. "Yeah I do. I think I need more time to processes this though."

"I'm glad to hear that" he paused "Well then.. Guess I'll leave." He says, standing up from his chair.

"Bye" I waved at him before he left the door.

* * *

I found Sam and Sheena talking in the break room. I eavesdropped onto their convention... I know it's not right to but I had to.

"Your clients son.. He's cute, ya know" Sheena says

Sam scoffs at her statement. "You think everyone is cute."

"Well that technically is true. Everyone is cute, but there's just something about him that's giving... Model heartthrob vibes."

"So you have a crush on him?" Sam asks.

"No! I just admire his facial features and.. I want to know his skin care routine.. His skin is flawless." Sheena chuckles.

"Hey girls, what are you talking about?" I asked while walking in, knowing damn well who their talking about.

"Sheena, and I quote "admires" my clients son, you know, miss Kuchel's son." Sam says, taking a sip of her coffee.

"Oh, you mean Levi?" I ask

"Yeah." Sam says.

"What about you Hange, don't you think he's cute?" Sheena asks.

I shrug "I don't know. Maybe?"

"What do you mean you don't know? Aren't you with him most of the time when he's here- wait! Speaking of him being here, what's with that rumor.. The one where they say you give him the cold shoulder or something?" Sheena says

Sam nudges her with her elbow with a little force. "Aray!" Sheena yelps, scooting away from Sam.
(Translation: "Ouch!")

"Sheena, that's none of your business." Sam says.

"No, it's fine. I guess I just don't get along with him?" I say.

"Really? You don't? But from what I've seen, you get along with everyone?" Sheena says before pausing. "Or... There's another reason..." She says, rubbing her chin.

I chuckle. "I can never get pass you, can I? I'll tell you girls once I'm ready to.. Just not now."

"Oh I didn't mean to make you uncomfortable.. Guess I stepped my boundaries a bit. But don't worry, if you're going through something, we'll be here to support you!" Sheena says.

"I'll have to agree with Sheena.. We'll always be here for you, Hange." Sam says, smiling at me.

"Thank you both." I say as I smiled at them.

End of chapter