Chapter 20: Glimpse

Hange's POV:

Today was our day off, the five of us decided to go to a cafe for breakfast. We arrived at the cafe, the smell... How it reminded me of my parents cafe back in Japan. The smell of coffee filed the air when we walked in.

"You guys can sit here, I'll go order. What so you guys want?" Nathan says.

"I want a latte and croissant" Sam says.

"Make that two." Sheena says while trying to keep her curly hair in place.

"One expresso and a sandwich." Micheal says.

"I'd like one cup of iced coffee and a doughnut." I say, smiling at him.

He nods. "Okay, I'll be back." He says before leaving.

We sat at our table and not long after, Sheena spoke. "I have some tea" Sheena giggles. Sheena was about to open her mouth again but Sam interrupted her.

"Sheena, if you're about to spread rumors that aren't even close to the truth, I'm going to stop you right now." Sam says.

"Ah common Sammy, I confirmed this with my own ears. Plus it's not that serious."

Sam sighs, closing her book. She really is a bookworm. "Fine, what is it."

She gives a mischievous smile. "Well, a few days ago I over heard ma'am Alcantara's conversation with one of the higher ups, they say they're gonna increase our salary." She said in a happy tone.

"By how much?" Micheal asks.

"I didn't hear, they closed the door." Sheena says.

Nathan soon arrived at the table. A few minutes more of talking and our food soon came. We took a group selfie before eating.

As I was eating I saw someone familiar in the corner of my eyes. Could it be- no. Impossible. To confirm what I saw, I turned my head to look. He had already turned around, I could only see his black hair. I can't jump to conclusions, there's hundreds of people with that hairstyle.

I decided to ignore what I saw. "Hange, is everything alright?" Sheena says, taking a sip of her latte.

I turned my head to look at her. "yeah. I thought I saw someone I know." I say. I turned my head to the side to see the man again but he had already left the cafe.

We continued to eat and talk, changing our conversation every few minutes.

It's only been more or less a month, but I've grown closer to them. I've seen their true selves in a short period of time.

Sam is mostly quiet and loves reading books, she also takes her work extremely seriously. Sam's love for books is out of this world. She can never leave her condo without a book in hand, and her condo? It's pretty much a library.

Sheena is the bright and outgoing one among the five of us. Like me, she's much like a child. Very energetic and likes to joke around.

Micheal is the "tuff" and "scary" guy in our group, he's honestly very sweet once you get to know him, and he has a huge soft spot for kittens.

Nathan is the jokester in our group. He has a thing for plants, he not only likes to study them but he also has tons of different plants in his condo, Sam states that his condo could pass as a forest.

Despite our differences, we're actually really good friends. They welcomed me with open arms and they've thought me a lot.

But this still doesn't shake off what I've seen earlier... Could it really be him or are my eyes playing games on me?

End of chapter

Random quote:
"No pressure, no diamonds."