Chapter 22: Frenemies

Hange's POV:

Two days later, he soon came back with his mother. His mom talked to Samantha about making the diamond Miss Kuchel has into a pair of earrings.

"So miss Hidalgo, is it possible?" Ms. Kuchel asks

"Yes ma'am, it is. We just need a couple of days or weeks to do it. But I assure you it will be done." Sam says, giving a bright smile.

I wasn't supposed to be there but miss Eris Alcantara, our boss, told me to work in this department for a while since they're pretty low staffed in this floor compared to my department.

After miss Kuchel gave her down payment she left Sam's office with her... I'm assuming.. Her maid?

Levi then turned to look at me. I gave him a confused look. "I need some water, do you have water dispensers here? Can you please take me there?" He asks.

"I'm a scientist. Not a tour guide." I say to him.

Sam laughs nervously. "Hange, don't be so bitter. He's just asking for water, go ahead and show him to the water dispensers outside."

I sigh in defeat. "Fine." I turned to look at him. "Follow me."

We walked out of Sam's office and I walked towards the water gallon at the end of the hallway on the left wing of getting building.

"Here" I said, pointing to the water dispenser.

He took a cup then presses the button, allowing the water to flow through and land into the plastic cup. He took a couple of sips before throwing the empty cup away.

"Hange... About last year-"

"Let's keep our interactions as formal as we can, okay? We are here to discuss business matters, and business matters only. Let's not involve our personal lives into this." I say.

"Right. Sorry." He says before walking away, leaving me behind. How ironic. He left me behind once and it's happened again. It's actually... Funny at this point.

3rd person's POV:

Hange continued to give Levi the cold shoulder. When in front of others, she has no problem with talking to him. But when no ones looking, Hange chooses to ignore him, and Levi respects that.

He knows what he did to her is unforgivable.

Other members see their interactions as quite odd. Rumors soon spread around the floor like wildfire. Others say they're secretly dating and are extremely awkward about it. Some believe that they're nothing more than friends. And some of them just make up complete lies to maintain the tea about them flowing.

This made Hange and Levi's interactions even more awkward than it already is. Levi's mother, Kuchel, kept going to Sam after she'd finish examining or making her requested jewelry. Because of this, Levi would find himself visiting their lab quite often.

The rumors soon got to Eris Alcantara, their CEO. Many of the workers fear Eris because of her temper and harsh words when she's upset. Eris cleaned up the mess that her employees have spread. Eris took care of this situation for two reasons, and those two reasons only. one: she does not want a bad reputation on her company just because her own employees couldn't keep their mouth shut. And two: she cares about her clients' and employees' privacy.

The employees never spoke another word about the two. Soon the whole "scandal" was forgotten... But for how long would it be erased from their minds before the rumor finds a way to resurface?

End of chapter

A/N: Yeah I'm aware that my update schedule pretty much sucks. I'll be honest, I've been pretty lazy lately. I've started loosing motivation to continue writing. But I'll try my very best to continue this story and give it a proper ending! I'd hate to disappoint y'all.

Love you guys!<3