Chapter 14: Call

Levi's POV:

I woke up, feeling the cold air on my body. Not long after I woke up, I felt the stinging pain in my back, as well as my whole body. I sat up, letting the white sheets fall revealing my bare chest. I had scratches along my back and several I'm guessing bruises, no, bite marks along my neck and chest. That's when it hit me. I instantly remembered what had happened last night.

Guess it wasn't a good idea to drink that much alcohol in one sitting. I grabbed the glass of water that was sitting on the bedside table and drank it. Hange stirred in her sleep, murmuring words I couldn't really understand. I gently pulled the blanket over her to keep her warm and I caressed the side of her face, like how my mom used to do to me. It seemed to have comforted her, she stopped talking in her sleep.

My phone rang. I quickly picked it up to prevent Hange from waking up from the noice. But then again, she's a heavy sleeper. The world could be ending and she'd still be sleeping.

I answered the call "Hello, Levi"

"What? Why'd you call?" I asked in a quiet tone.

"There's some serious matters that has been happening here since you left." Erwin says as he continued to tell me what happened

* * *

I was in shock. All that happened while I was gone...?

"Okay. Thanks for informing me, Erwin. Is there anything else I need to know about?" I asked

"No. So far, that's all."

"Alright." I say as I hung up.

Now I have to worry about that. But then something else popped into my head. I will now have to choose between two choices...

I looked over to Hange. She was still asleep. I laid back down and wrapped my arms around her, breathing in her scent.

I tried to sleep, but I just couldn't. Anger, sadness and other emotions in me were building up. I couldn't let it go.

"Mm.. Morning.." Hange says, half awake

"Morning"

"Did you sleep well?" She asked.

I just nodded in response.

Looking at the clock, it's currently 7:45 am. Usually, I'd stay keeping in mind that I still have a few minutes to spare. But today, I'll let have to change some things.

Hange's POV:

Levi got up, that's unusual. He usually gets up at 8. Maybe he just wants to start his day early?

"You going to work today?" I ask

"Yes. I'll be home late." He says coldly, walking into the bathroom.

He doesn't seem himself today. I feel like something is bothering him.

I stared into the ceiling. My head hurts so much. I sat up, struggling to find my glasses. Once I found them I opened the drawer to the night stand and I searched for my box of medicines, once I finally found the right medications for my headache, I grabbed the glass of water and drank the pill.

I grabbed my phone. I noticed how many messages I got from my dad and brother. I feared for the worst. I checked my messages and carefully read each of them.

Ian
-Mom is getting slightly better.
-She says not to worry about her too much
-Come visit her if you can.

Dad
-Your mom is hoping to see you.
-Visit her if you can, only if  you're not busy.

I sighed in relief. I thought something bad happened to mom. I checked my schedule to see if I can visit them today. I chatted Ian and my father and informed them that I'm going to visit them later.

* * *

Mikasa was shoving books in to her bag, getting ready to leave for school. "I'm going to school now." She says

"Be safe." I say while smiling

Levi was making a cup of tea. After stirring the liquid, he drank it in a very awkward and uncomfortable way.

"I've seen you drink from mugs a lot of times but, I still can't get over the way you hold the cup" I say, laughing at my own statement

"It's just become a habit." He says

I was expecting him to at least say goodbye before he left, but he didn't. Maybe he's just in a hurry..?

Without even noticing, hours had already passed. I wasn't used to a quiet home. Back in my apartment, I could hear everything. From babies crying, couples fighting to even pets barking and hissing.

With nothing else to do, I got dressed and left the house. I did promise I'd visit my family in the hospital. But I couldn't shake this feeling... A feeling that somethings going to happen in the near future. I wonder what....

End of chapter

A quote for my fellow Filipino readers:

"Kung edukasyon ang susi, Sino ang naglock?"

Random quote of the day:

"The great aim of education is not knowledge but action."