Chapter 15: Growing distant

Hange's POV:

When I got back from the hospital, the house was unsurprisingly empty. I sighed, placing my bag on the sofa. I walked into the kitchen and poured myself a glass of water.

It's currently 3 in the afternoon. Mikasa wouldn't be home until 4, and Levi said he'll be home late. I wasn't used to this much silence.

Suddenly I remembered something, I quickly ran to Levi's room and grabbed my laptop and placing it onto the coffee table in front of the sofa. I opened the laptop and went straight to my documents.

A few days ago, I was told about a lab experiment in the Shiganshina Science District, my workplace. Only a selected few were allowed to work on the project. And I was one of them. I can't believe I almost forgot!

This is a big project. If I succeed with my part of the research, I'll not only help make a big discovery, but I'll also get a raise.

Without even noticing, an hour has already gone by. If Mikasa didn't say hi to me, I would have lost track of time. Hell I didn't even know she came back.

"How was school?" I asked, typing something into my laptop.

"Like usual, it was ok." She says

I nodded in response.

Another few hours flew by. It was already 7 pm. I had just finished my work and I was starving. I walked over to Mikasa's room and knocked on her door.

She opened it "Yes?"

"I don't know when Levi will be back, and it's already time for dinner so I'll order some takeout. What would you like?" I asked her

"Mm.. Fried rice? And maybe some strawberries?"

"Ah alright. I'll call you when the food gets here." I smiled as I walked away.

* * *

The food soon arrived. I ordered 3 cups of fried rice and a bowl of strawberries for Mikasa. We ate the food while talking to each other. Like Levi, Mikasa was quite quiet.

Looking at the clock, it was already 8 pm. "I'll clean up the kitchen, you can go to your room if you want" I smiled to Mikasa. She nodded and we said goodnight to each other before she walked away.

Levi doesn't usually come home so late. I'm starting to get worried. After cleaning up the kitchen, I went to our room and took a quick shower before laying in bed.

I felt my eyes grow heavy. I was really tired. Before I knew it, I had already fallen asleep.

Levi's POV:

I arrived at my house and parked my car into the garage. Walking into the house, there was no one in sight. It was really quiet. I checked the time, it's 11 pm. Well no wonder it's so quiet.

I walked into my room to see Hange sleeping on the bed. She looks so peaceful when she sleeps.

As quietly as I can, I unzipped my jacket and threw it into the laundry basket in the corner of the room. I took a shower before going to bed.

I was about to turn off the lamp when Hange woke up. "I know you said you'd be home late, but I wasn't expecting you to come home at midnight." She laughs

I turned off the light before laying my head onto the pillow.

"Have you eaten dinner? If you're hungry, there's a bowl of fried rice in the fridge" she says

"I already ate."

"Ah ok. Good night, love" she says

"Night."

* * *

Hange's POV:

Something is definitely not right. I know Levi is known for his cold personality but this level of coldness just doesn't sit right with me. This has been going on for the past week. It's like he's trying to push me away.

When I would try to confront him about it, he'd just say it's nothing or he's just tired.

He's acting strange. I tried reaching out to Nanaba for some advice, but all she said is that he might be cheating. That could explain it, but he isn't the type to do that... Right..?

End of chapter