Chapter 25: Rain

Levi's POV:

I was buying a couple of things from the grocery store. I know I could've just sent one of my maids to do it but I prefer that I personally pick out my cleaning supplies. No matter how detailed the shopping list is, they'd still manage to buy another scent or product.

After I payed for the items and left the store, the rain started to pour. I ran to my car to shelter myself from the rain.

I turned on my car and drove out of the parking lot. I stopped my car at a nearby bus stop to check my messages. I turned my head to the side and I saw a familiar brunette sitting under the bus stop.

She didn't have any umbrellas. I'm guessing she stayed here to keep her from getting wet. I rolled down my window.

"Hange, what are you doing here?" I asked.

"Oh I just bought some books but then it started to rain." She answered.

"Why don't you just hop into my car? I can take you home."

"No need to. I'll just wait for a bus or taxi to stop by." She said while smiling.

"At this time I don't think buses or taxis would be driving around. Quit being stubborn, just hop in. It's not like I'm going to kidnap you."

She laughed but still protested not to. I sighed, but I will not accept defeat just like that.

I unbuckled my seatbelt and turned around to face the back seat of my car. I grabbed an umbrella and opened the door. I opened the umbrella before I got out.

I closed my car door and walked over to Hange. "Come on. I'll help you with your bags."

She nodded as she gave me one of her bags as she carried her other bag. We walked to the passenger side of the car, being careful not to slip. She opened the door since I had both of my hands full. She hopped in and grabbed her bag.

I closed the door and walked to the other side of the car. I hopped in and I started to drive.

"Thank you by the way... I thought you'd just get fed up with me and eventually leave." She laughed.

I scoffed. "Where is your house anyways?" I asked.

"It's pretty far from here... It's at Drossle Residence." She says.

"Oh that is pretty far. Don't worry, I'll make sure we get there." I say.

"It's dangerous to drive that far with this weather." She paused. "Maybe you could just drop me off at a nearby hotel and I'll stay there until the rain clears up?"

"That's fine with me..." I paused, thinking about wether or not I should just invite her to stay at my house. "My house isn't too far from here, maybe you could just stay there?- only if you're okay with it." I say.

"That's okay with you? That I stay at your place?"

"I just invited you over. Do you think I'd offer that choice to you if I'm not okay with it?"

She laughs. "Okay, sure."

* * *

We got to my house. I parked my car inside my garage to shelter us from the rain while we got out. She got out of the car and I showed her inside the house.

"Levi, there you are. I've been looking all over for yo- who's she? Is she your girlfriend?" My mother asks

"She's just one of my friends, mom. I found her under a bus stop so I invited her to stay here until the rain clears up." I say.

My mother nods. She then turns to look at Hange "Aren't you that girl from the science lab?" She asks.

"Yes, that's me." Hange says with a smile.

"Well then make yourself at home." Mom says before leaving to go to her room.

"She's very nice" Hange says.

"She is... Go put your stuff in the guest bedroom." I say to her, pointing to the door on the right side of the house.

She nods and leaves to go to the bedroom.

End of chapter

Random quote:
"Work for a cause, not for applause" :))