Chapter 26: Wine

Hange's POV:

Once I had put my bags on the floor, I immediately passed out on the bed. I was really tired.

A short nap wouldn't hurt.

* * *

I woke up to the sound of the door busting open. I groggily turned my head to look at the door.

"Hange! Why weren't you answering?! I thought something bad happened to you." Levi said, walking closer to me.

I was pretty much half asleep. "Wha-"

"I've been knocking on your door for five minutes straight, I called you on your phone yet you didn't answer. I assumed something happened to you." He said in a worried tone.

"How'd you get in? I thought I locked the door?.... Or did I forget to do that...?"

"I have a key to every room."

Well no shit Sherlock. What type of question even is that? Of course he'd have a key to every room. Then again, I was still half asleep.

"Just get out when you're ready. I made dinner." He says before walking out of the room.

I sat up for a bit before getting up. As I walked out of the room, the house was noticeably quiet and empty. I expect at least a maid or two.

"It's pretty empty. Do you have no maids?" I asked

"We do. After nine they go to their house in the backyard." He says while pouring himself some tea.

"It's already passed nine?" I said, almost shocked.

"Yes. I'm not surprised you slept for that long." He chuckled.

So much for a 'short nap'.

"Where's your mother? Will she not join us, or did she eat already?" I asked.

"She went back to her house a few hours ago. When she's here, she's usually just checking up on me then she'd eventually leave."

I nodded. He gestured me to sit down at the dinning table. I sat down and he gave me my plate of food.

"Thank you." I said while looking at the food he made. It was roasted chicken with some boiled potatoes and a sour and cream onion dip.

He brought his food to the table and sat down next to me. We ate in silence before I spoke up and we started a little conversation.

* * *

I ate my last bite of food before speaking again. "Really? Mikasa has a boyfriend?" I asked.

"Yes. I heard his name was Eren Yeager. I haven't met him though."

I nodded as I sipped my glass of water. I cleared my throat. "Do you have any other drinks? like soda or... alcohol?" I asked, almost whispering the last part.

He raised his eyebrow at me. "Yes, I do have drinks. But you get drunk easily." He says.

"Ah come on! a little alcohol would never hurt anyone!" I laughed.

"Tch. Fine. But don't throw up on my stuff" He says as I laughed.

He brought out the wine and placed it on the table. He looked into one of his cabinets and took out two wine glasses.

We started drinking. We continued talking about different topics. It's weird how I'm getting quite comfortable with him.

Levi's POV:

After a while of drinking, Hange was noticably drunk. She was blurting out random things that I could hardly understand.

"Yah know, do you remember when you said you still love me?" She said groggily.

"Yes."

"How 'bout now? do you still love me?"

"Yes." I answered before taking a sip from my wine glass.

"Well, I do to." She said, avoiding my gaze.

I almost choked on my drink. Does she? No. She's drunk. She doesn't know what she's saying.

"Really?" I asked as I turned to look at her.

"Yep." She says before taking another sip. "You don't believe me huh?" She chuckled.

"That's just because you're drunk. You don't know what you're saying" I say

"Don't you believe in the saying 'A drunk person's words is the window to their heart." She says as she awkwardly turned to look at me. Her caramel eyes met mine, almost like they were glued.

Before I could say anything, She leaned in closer to me. "I love you too, shorty." She says, placing her lips onto mine. I wanted to pull back but some part of me liked it. I retuned the kiss as I held her hand in mine.

This continued on for a bit before we pulled away for air. Eventually, she kissed me again. I guess I'll savour this moment while it lasts.

End of chapter