Chapter 16: Stay

Levi's POV:

A week has passed since I received that call from Erwin. My stay in Japan ends in 3 weeks, but I decided to cut my visit short. Not only for my company but also for others' sake.

As soon as Hange left, I began packing. I neatly folded my clothes and placed them into my bag. I left what I didn't need and after packing, I made some tea.

I don't know if my choice is right but there's no other way to ensure she's safe.

Hange's POV:

I saw Mikasa walking by the streets. I assume she's going back home. I walked up to her, and she seems happy to see me.

"Hey Mikasa" I greeted her

"Hello Hange-san"

Mikasa lived with her parents again, since they have already recovered. But she does visit us from time to time. And as for me, I've been staying at my apartment more often. I plan on moving out of Levi's home but living with him brings me joy, I think I've just gotten used to loving with someone.

We soon pass Mikasa's house but it doesn't seem like she plans on going home.

"This is your house, isn't it? Why don't you go inside" I said

"My parents said to meet them at Liberio eatery, it's just a few blocks away from Levi's apartment."

"Ah, I see"

As we walk I continue to talk to her. For the past week, it seems like she's gotten comfortable with me. I finally got to the house only to find it empty.. Or maybe Levi's somewhere in the house.

I both walked inside and walked over to our room.. It was empty. I checked the bathroom, the guest bedroom, the backyard. I practically looked everywhere yet he was no where to be seen. I checked the garage, and the car wasn't there. Hmm... Maybe he just went out to get something.

I tried to call him, but he didn't answer. He Only left a message

Levi
-Let's end our relationship.
-You can leave or stay in my apartment if you want.
-Goodbye.

I was left stunned. Why did he want to end things with me so suddenly? And without a reason? I tried texting him, asking why but he never responded.

With no other choice I texted Mikasa in hopes maybe she knew.

Mikasa
-Wait, he didn't tell you he was leaving today?
-He's leaving Japan today.
-If  you hurry you would still be able to reach him at the airport.

I thanked her before dashing out of the door. I rode on the first taxi I could see and told the driver to hurry to the airport.

Once I got there, I payed the driver and ran inside. I looked left and right, in  hopes that I'd be able to at least talk to him before he left.

I finally saw him. He was getting up from his seat. I ran to him.

"Wait!" I said behind him, panting from all the running

"Hange? What are you doing here?"

"I understand you're a busy man, but break up with me out of the blue and not telling me you're leaving? Why?"

"It was last minute." He says sternly, staring at me with his cold gray eyes.

"Okay. But at least give me a reason on why you're breaking up with me."

"I don't love you. I never did." He says.

End of chapter

Random quote of the day:
"Kindness always comes back"