Chapter 8: Something Suspicious

***Tomoyo***P.O.V

It's been about three days after the big math exam. Kanou has taught me and Yukimura a lot to prepare for it.

Today is the day we get our results back. I'm so nervous I can feel sweat dripping down my forehead.

As I flip over my test paper, I bite my nails to see my score. A shock of relief washed though my face as I stared at my 82/100.

This is the first time I ever got an 82 on anything math before. I really have to thank Kanou when I see him.

When I see Kanou during class break I run up to him, and we both just stop while facing each other.

"I just want to um--say, thank you for tutoring me for the exam."

"No--No problem." he says stuttering, both of our cheeks turn red. Kanou takes one last look at me before walking off.

Maybe, just maybe, if I'm around him long enough he will be comfortable around me. Wait why do I care if he is comfortable around me? It's not like I'm falling for him...right?

***

At the end of the day I walked to my locker to change into my outdoor shoes when I notice a small bag in my locker.

I take the small bag out and realize it's some chocolates. That's really weird. Last time I checked it's not even Valentine's day yet. I check the tag to see who it was from.

The tag didn't have a name on it instead it said from anonymous. I eat one chocolate and it melts right in my mouth. I know I shouldn't take food from strangers, but these chocolates were so good I couldn't resist.

I decide to leave the chocolates in my locker so tomorrow I can have a little snack if I want.

As I'm walking home I noticed Yukimura and Kanou weren't around. They must of already went home I guess. Wait why do I care if they are around or not?

Every time I think of Kanou now I get this fluttering feeling inside of me and my heart skips a beat. I only know one thing...

I don't think I actually want this feeling to end.

***

The next day I eat another chocolate from my locker and walk to my class.

Nothing unusual happened, just this really painful feeling in my stomach. As time went on my stomach started to feel worse than before.

People stopped and asked me if I was alright including Yukimura and Misaki. I told everyone I was alright but the truth is the pain was getting unbearable.

I wonder how much longer I can take the pain. I start to think in my head of what I could of ate. All I could think of was my lunch. Then I thought more thoroughly, I did eat a chocolate this morning. Would that really cause me this much pain though?

During our small break, I open my locker to see the chocolates. I turn it over to see it expired over a week ago. Who in the world would give someone expired chocolates?

As I try to head back to class, Kanou sees me walking while crouching low from the pain.

"Are--Are you um, OK?" He asks which surprises me. A wave of pain washes through my stomach unable to answer. I crouch lower on the floor holding my stomach and groaning in pain.

"T--Tomoyo?" He says once more concerned.

***Kanou***P.O.V

"T--Tomoyo?" I say getting a little worried now.

I see Tomoyo crouching on the ground holding her stomach. Something in her stomach must really be bothering her because next thing I knew I was yelling for help after she collapses.

Everyone was already in class, but no one came out to help. I did the only thing I could think to do and carry Tomoyo to the infirmary.

Tomoyo owes me for this, because the teacher will think I skipped or something. Even so, I really do hope she's okay.

***

"Is she alright?" I ask the nurse concerned.

"Yes she is she just had a really bad reaction to something she ate."

A wave of relief washes over me to hear she would be alright. I wonder what could've caused something like this to happen. Then it hit me, yesterday I saw Yuichi put some chocolates in Tomoyo's locker.

Could it possibly be the chocolates she reacted to? As I leave the infirmary I am surprised to see who is walking in.

It was Yuichi, and we both stop in our tracks once we notice each other. OK Kanou just leave already. Part of me really wanted to say something to him, but the other part of me didn't.

Unfortunately my body decided to do the first option.

"W--Why do you need t--to be here?" I stuttered out. I can tell he was shocked by me asking that. To be honest even I was surprised I said that.

"Pardon me?" he asks raising an eyebrow.

"I--I s--said why do you n--need to be here. You're the one w--who caused this mess in the first place!" It's like I'm looking for trouble or something.

"If you really must ask, I'm here because me and Tomoyo are friends."

Anyone could easily realize from class that they aren't actually friends. The question is why was I defending Tomoyo anyway?

"If I didn't know any better I'd say you're jealous of us." He said with a smirk which interrupt my thoughts.

"No, it's not lik--"

"Exactly, so I should have a right to see her. Last time I checked you're no one to her either. So, what right do you have? Maybe you should be the one to staying in their place." he says pushing past me.

As I finally walk out the infirmary, I can't help but think something just isn't right about Yuichi, but I just can't put my finger on it.