Chapter 19: Megumi Wants Kanou

***Tomoyo***P

***Tomoyo***P.O.V

"Y...You love me?" I asked nervous on what he was about to say.

"Yeah, I mean I love being friends with you." He says. His cheeks were red.

My heart instantly drops. I thought he was about to tell me he loved me. Maybe I was reading to deeply into it, well at least we're friends.

"I forgive you Kanou but tell the truth next time if you forgot my birthday." I say looking at his violet eyes. He nods his head and smiles and I lay my head on his shoulder as we sat there.

To my surprise he didn't move away so we just stayed like that.

***

When Monday rolled around it was the same routine. I went to school like normal and sat in my seat which was next to Kanou because we got new seats once again.

Even though Kanou said he loves being friends with me I still can't get the  love you out of my head.

"OK class calm down. I have a very important announcement!" The teacher says. "We have a new student joining us today. Her name is Megumi and I want you to make her feel welcome." She continues.

The class stays silent. No one said anything until a small girl walked in. She was absolutely stunning gasps were heard all around the room.

She had medium length golden blond hair and green eyes that were the shade of four leaf clovers. She seemed to sparkle in the room and every guy looked her way except Kanou who was looking out the window.

There was another empty seat in front of Kanou, so Megumi decided to sit there.

"Hi, I'm Megumi!" She says to Kanou.

"H--Hi." Kanou says so low you can hardly hear him. Megumi smiles brightly at Kanou.

"You sure are shy, aren't you?" She says to Kanou, but Kanou doesn't respond he doesn't even look at her at all.

Megumi looks over at me and gives me this mean glare. I turn away. What's up her butt this morning? I notice Kanou now looking at me. When I look back, he quickly looks away.

I then noticed Megumi makes a "hmph" sound, with a mean smirk and flips her hair. How dare she do that hair whip thing to me!

***

When class is over, I was going to ask Kanou if he would like to hang out with me and Yukimura today after school for a fun study group. I know it sounds lame, but in our study groups we get to eat junk food and make jokes all while studying. When I finally spot Kanou I run up to him.

"Hey Kanou do y--" I am cut off when Megumi shows up.

"Kanou was just showing me around the school. I'm sure he could get back with you later." Megumi says locking her arm around Kanou's.

I stare at her arm tied with Kanou's and try to mentally burn a hole right through Megumi's hand. How dare she come to this school and think she can just squeeze her way into Kanou's life like that? Ok, now I sound like a jealous girlfriend or something.