Chapter 9: Two Faced

***Kanou***P.O.V

It's been about three days since Tomoyo was in the infirmary and spending time at home. She should finally be coming to school today. Wait, it shouldn't matter if Tomoyo's at school or not. It's not like it concerns me like Yuichi said.

I walk towards the entrance of Seika High, where I notice Yukimura waving at me from a distance. Before I can walk over to him, Yuichi stops me in my tracks.

"Hey, Kanou." Yuichi says.

"Um, hello." I respond hesitantly.

"Look, I'm going to cut to the chase. You need to stay away from Tomoyo. She's mine, got it? Besides it be a shame if something happened to her now wouldn't it?" He says with a creepy smirk. This guy is seriously getting annoying.

"There's nothing going on between me and Tomoyo!" I shout which surprises me and I'm pretty sure Yuichi too.

"Good, now keep it that way." He says with a grin before walking away.

Shortly after Yukimura shows up trying to catch his breath from running all the way over here.

"What was that about?" Yukimura asks.

"Nothing at all." I say as we both head inside the school. The whole time I think that maybe I should of told Yuichi not to hurt Tomoyo, but instead I chickened out, like always. Why am I like this?

Don't get me wrong, it's not like I like Tomoyo. It's just I would hate to see anyone get hurt. Whether it was Tomoyo or not, you wouldn't want that to happen to anyone.

I just hope Tomoyo will be ok.

***Tomoyo***P.O.V

I am finally able to go back to school after being out for three days. Did I mention I'm also going to be late again? I run right out the door. I don't have any time to eat breakfast, so I just brought an extra big lunch with me for today.

By the time I make it outside of Seika High the bell is ringing. I run as fast as I could to my homeroom. When I'm inside I have to catch my breath. I'm pretty sure everyone was looking at me.

"I'm--huh here!" I say between breaths.

"Yes, that's very good Tomoyo. Now please take your seat." The teacher says to me.

I take my seat next to Kanou. I never did thank him for taking me to the infirmary when I had a stomachache.

"Thank you for the other day." I say bowing my head a little bit and smiling.

In response he just nods but doesn't say anything.

"Oh, I got you something as a thank you." I say reaching in my bag pulling out rice balls I made.

Kanou hesitates, but he takes them. I see him crack a small smile as I give them to him.

When I see his small smile I begin to smile back. He has a nice smile, even if it was only a little one. I wonder if I'll see his full grin one day.

***Yuichi Hikaru***P.O.V

I look over at Tomoyo grinning at that dork Kanou. As soon as he looks my way I shoot him a death glare.

He didn't seem to take my warning so now I will have to initiate my little plan and take things into my own hands.

Just you wait Kanou, you'll see that Tomoyo belongs to me!

***Tomoyo***P.O.V

Finally school was over and just before I could leave, Kanou comes up to me stopping me in my tracks.