Chapter 3: The Not so Bad After All Kanou

***Tomoyo****

As usual Kanou took one look at me and ran off. What's his problem why is he so afraid of me? Am I really that scary? No, of course not Tomoyo, you're perfectly normal. Whatever that means.

I proceed to climb out of the trash can and look down at my clothes. They were covered with brown and green muck. Did I mention that there was also a banana peel on my head? I thought that only happened in cartoons.

I decide to go to the bathroom to see if I could get some of this trash off of me. I didn't have much luck, but I had to hurry up before someone saw me.

"Oh, hey trash girl."A couple of girls say while walking into the bathroom giggling. Just great.

I make a fake smile and continue to clean the trash off. I didn't care if the girls were still giggling behind me.

"Hey trash girl!" One of the girls yell, so I turn around to see what they wanted.

"Say cheese!" Before I knew it I heard a snap and I knew immediately that they took a picture of me. What in the world did I do to deserve this?

***

After the trash incident lunch time finally came around and so far it wasn't any better. I looked around the class, I didn't see any sign of Kanou anywhere.
I decide that didn't want to pull my desk next to anyone, so I got up and walk out of the classroom with my lunch. I then look down at my feet as I walk and eventually bump into someone.

"Oh! I'm--I'm sorry--" I stopped talking when I realized it was Takumi.

"Don't worry about it." He says with a bright smile plastered on his face.

I tried to smile back but I just couldn't do it. I had nothing to smile about. Seika high has been nothing but judgemental towards me. Takumi must of noticed my expression because he started to talk again. He reaches out his hand to help me get up from the floor.

"You know if your having trouble finding where to go for lunch you can always come and eat with Misaki and I." He says.

I thank him, but I soon thought about everyone and how they have been laughing at me. There's no way I would be eating lunch with Takumi and Misaki, I don't want them to be laughed at for hanging out with me.

"Thanks for the offer, but I think I'll be okay." I say and before he could say anything I run away past him. All I knew was I didn't want to stay at Seika high anymore. Maybe everyone would be better off if I left. I then did the only thing I could think of. I continue to run away. As I'm running I bumped into someone once again. I really need to start watching where I'm going.

"Tomoyo--?" I noticed Misaki say, but I keep running. I knew I couldn't really "run away", but what else could I do? Then thought of a great idea, maybe I could leave a note saying I don't feel well and go home. I'll probably have to turn around and give it to Misaki since she's the president. I'm sure she'll take care of the rest for me.

***Misaki***P.O.V

I saw Tomoyo running in the hallway, she bumps into me. Before I could ask what was wrong she bows and continues running. I felt really bad for her and it's my job as the president to make everyone feel welcome. I proceed to ball my hands into fists prepare to go yell at people.

"Calm down Pres, they're not worth it. Let's just think about this for a second." Takumi says walking towards me, while calming me down a bit. I stood there and started thinking of something I could do.

"We should go after her." Takumi says disrupting my thoughts. Without saying anything else I walk and look around. I didn't see Tomoyo in sight. When I finally give up I walk back to the student council room, where I then find a note on my desk.

"It's from Tomoyo." I say out loud. I began to read it. There wasn't anything unusual, just stuff saying she doesn't feel well. What was really strange though was the part where she said she can't be at Seika high anymore.

I told that idiot Kanou to make her feel welcomed, if he did that then none of this would of happened. I had to find him and I knew exactly where I could find him. I ran outside of the school to the courtyard and see him sitting there eating his lunch alone.

"Kanou you idiot!" I yell at him he looks at me surprised. I start to yell at him for not making Tomoyo feel welcomed, and I pull out the note and show him it.

He still doesn't say anything instead he reads the note and looks at me.

"Well what do you have to say for yourself?" I yelled.

He shrugs, "She said she was sick and that she was going home, nothing I can do about that." Kanou says. I can't believe him I bet if that was Yukimura then he would care.

"The point is what--if she decides to do something horrible to herself?" I say refusing to even think about it. "She seemed pretty down lately." I add.
Kanou still doesn't respond instead he only gets up and runs inside the school.

The whole time I'm thinking Kanou is starting to change even if it's a little bit. Also, that he runs a lot faster than I thought. I then feel a hand on my shoulder.

"You did good pres."

"Stop stalking me!" I yell before Takumi smiles at me and I couldn't help but to smile back.

"I hope so." I reply.

***Tomoyo*** P.O.V

Once I finished the note I put it on Misaki's desk and began to make my way to the the school entrance. I stopped when I noticed a door. I make sure no ones looking before going in. Inside I see a bunch of stairs that look like they're heading upward.

I walk up the stairs and when I finally reach the top, I realized I was on the roof of the school. I then walk over near the edge if the roof. The view was beautiful, I leaned in to get a closer look. I was so clumsy that my foot slips and I feel my body fall forward.

I close my eyes and get ready for the impact of the ground below.