Chapter 23: Day at the Beach Part Three

***Tomoyo***P.O.V.

 I am greeted by Megumi when we both make it back to the gang.

"So, how did it go?" Megumi asks instantly.

"Terrible, he's a jerk. You can do better." I answer truthfully. Maybe that wasn't as hard as I thought. 

"What are you saying? You hardly even know him." Megumi says. I don't think I can tell Megumi in detail about what really happened, it might really hurt her.

"I know enough, okay? So please trust me on this. Now let's just drop this already miss annoying." I say. I then noticed Megumi with clenched fists now as she stands.

"Do you...just not want me to be happy or something? Is that really what happened? I feel like you're not being completely honest with me right now." She says in a harsh tone.

"What?"

"I deserve to like someone too, not just you Tomoyo! It's my turn!" She yells bringing attention to us.

"Lower your voice Megumi, why are you getting so upset about this?" I say.

"I'm upset because I finally find a guy I like, and you say I should find someone else, but give me no explanation as to why I should. I deserve to know!"

"No Megumi, trust me it's best if you don't know, okay? Now will you let it go already?"

"Since when did you decide what's best for me?" Megumi yells back.

"Since I became your friend!" I say starting to get angry.

"Well, that's just my mistake then! I never should have asked for your help with this! You clearly know nothing about me or my crush! I wonder how Kanou can even put up with you sometimes!"

"Well, I know more than you! All you know how to do is fall for any guy you see and act like you're so perfect! Well news flash, you're not perfect and you never will be! Maybe those kids from back then were right about you!" I reply. Guilt washed over me as I said that last sentence. I instantly felt bad. "Megumi, I didn't--"

"Just...treat me how you did before, enemies." She says before running away towards her beach house. I can clearly see she's crying which is starting to make me feel even worse. What would have happened if I just told her the truth? Would the outcome have been any different?

I turn around and shock fills my face. Behind me stood Kanou with no expression on his face at all. There is no way I can face anyone right now. Not like this. 

"I'm going for a swim!" I yell out and I run towards the water.

Everything about this trip has been a disaster so far. I was about to cry when I felt something in the water brush against my skin.

I see that it is a brief case and for some reason I felt the urge to open it. When I open it, I see that inside is a picture of me, my dad and mom. Weird what is a picture of my family doing out in the ocean? I look through more stuff and find files and money. It doesn't take me long to realize that this is my dad's briefcase, but what is it doing all the way out here? He's supposed to be on a plane. Not long after, as I swam further out, I found a piece of some type of machine. Swimming even further, I see a bunch of pieces of this so-called machine.

Then it hits me the worst possible thing I could have imagined. What if yesterday when I turned on the news...

Breaking News a news report shows a plane heading for America has crashed, here's Lee Yui with the rest of the story.

The plane that crashed on the news yesterday, could my dad possibly have been on this plane? If so, that would mean that h--he's dead right? He died in that plane crash, didn't he? Tears stream down my eyes just thinking about that thought. Is he dead? Suddenly it starts pouring rain, the lifeguards tell everyone to get out of the water because a huge storm is coming.

I turn around when suddenly a gust of wind blows my family picture out my hand further into the ocean. I don't know why, but I need that picture no what, I have to have that picture. I turn around and swim deeper into the sea. By now lifeguards are yelling at me and telling me I need to come back to the beach, but I don't listen.

The waves are rising higher and higher, but that doesn't stop me from swimming towards the picture. It's getting harder for me to push forward without getting a load of water in my mouth. It was like I was breathing water, but I keep on swimming anyway. Everything begins to grow quiet the only voice I hear is one yelling my name.

"Tomoyo!" The voice yells.

A wave tall as a building comes crashing down on me. At that point I knew I was going to drown.

"Tomoyo!" I hear the voice yell once more.

Kanou...

but it was too late I was already sinking towards the bottom, and I can see my family picture floating above me.