Chapter 5: The Spring Festival

***Tomoyo*** P.O.V

I wake up to hear the sound of ringing. I slowly open up my eyes and look at the clock. My mouth drops open as I realize I was going to be late to school again.

I hop out of bed and put on whatever was available. There wasn't enough time for breakfast so I would have to skip it for today. I ran out the door no matter how I looked.

As I ran into the school doors, I run into someone which causes us both to fall down. Okay seriously, why am I always bumping into people?

"I'm sorry." I say bowing down and rising again. I face a boy who seems a lot shorter than most guys I know. He has dark green hair and brown eyes almost the same shade as Misaki's.

"That's OK. Just no running in the halls this time, ok?" He says politely.

I nodded in agreement and smile.

"Sorry, I was in a rush to get to school." I said scratching the back of my head.

'Oh I see, by the way I'm Yukimura vice president at Seika High, and I don't believe I seen you before."

"Oh, I'm Tomoyo Miyuki. Pleasure to meet you Yukimura." I reply. Just then the bell rings so we both rush to our classrooms.

In class, I see girls and boys who seem to be excited about something. I hear a bunch of whispers followed by laughing. I have a feeling they're not whispering about me this time. I wonder just is going on.

***

As soon as we are dismissed from class I rush out the door.

"Hey Tomoyo!" I hear a voice from behind me say. I turned around to see Yuichi grinning at me and waving from a distance.

"Hello!" I say as he runs over to me.

"Are you planning on going to the Spring Festival? "

"Spring Festival?" I ask.

"You mean you don't know that the Spring Festival is tomorrow? I heard it's gonna be really exciting this year!"

"I think I'll pass." I say truthfully.

"Bummer, I was really wondering...if you would go with me? I thought I could get to know you better." He says quietly, I can now see he's blushing a lot.

I started to blush. Why out of every girl in this school would Yuichi want to go to the festival with me? We barely even know each other.

"I--uh--I have to go!" was all I could stutter out before the bell rings, I left Yuichi standing right there. Yuichi is a nice guy, but I just can't tell him that I don't want to go with him because I only think of him as a friend, so I decided to do what I do best and run.

I know running away from my problems literally won't solve anything. Sooner or later Yuichi would bring it up again, so I had to be ready with an answer. How could I tell him no in a nice way?

I already knew the answer to that, there was no way to say no in a nice way. That means I will just have to break his heart unfortunately.

Later as I'm walking to get something from the vending machine, I still think about all these questions. I then notice Yukimura with a huge grin on his face. I decide to walk over to him to see what he was so happy about.

"Hey Yukimura, you seem to be in a really good mood today."

"I am, I decided to see if Kanou would go to the Spring Festival with me as friends."

"Oh that sounds like fun." I say grinning cheerfully. So even someone as quiet as Kanou has a close friend. After Yukimura and I talk a little bit more we both part ways.

When it came around the time to head back to homeroom, I was scared because Yuichi just happen to be in the same class. I walked in the classroom and looked to see if Yuichi was there.

To my surprise Yuichi wasn't there yet, so I sat in my normal seat next to Kanou. Kanou doesn't look at me, but I could tell he was thinking about something.

Just then Yuichi walks into class and everyone's eyes were on me. I guess everyone knows about Yuichi asking me to go to with him to the Spring Festival. Gossip really travels fast in fan anime novels huh?

"So Tomoyo have you decided to come to the festival with me?" He asks putting his hand on my desk.

"I--uh, I can't!" I stutter. Now, I can see Kanou's eyes on me too.

"Why not?"

Oh crap, I didn't think this far ahead! What am I suppose to tell him now? How can I reject him with all these eyes watching me?

"Because I--uh, I'm going with--Kanou!" I blurt out like an idiot. I heard gasps all around the room.

I looked over at Kanou, he looked more surprised than anyone else in here. I can't really blame him for that reaction though, after all it was kind of last-minute planning.

"Fine then." Yuichi giving a mean glare to Kanou, before walking off to sit down.

Crap, I'm in trouble and what's even worse is Yukimura is suppose to go with Kanou. What am I going to do?