Chapter 20: Explanations

***Kanou***P.O.V.

Megumi approaches me at the end of the day. I still haven't gotten a chance to talk to Tomoyo all day. Why can't she just leave me alone for a minute?

Don't get me wrong Megumi is cute and all, but nothing compared to how cute Tomoyo is. She has this golden orange hair and chocolate brown eyes that make my heart melt. OK now I probably sound like some cheesy romance manga. Not that I actually read cheesy romance manga anyway.

"Hey Kanou, I have something very important to share with you. Can we go somewhere private please?" She says snapping me out of my thoughts. Somehow this whole private thing is scaring me. She then grabs my wrist and leads me to an empty classroom. We just stare at each other in silence. She then looks away where I can't see her eyes with her cheeks turning red.

"I--I like you! She says proudly.

I just stare at her in shock, my cheeks also began to turn red. Why do I have to blush so easily? I take a long look at Megumi, she had beautiful golden blond hair, and her rosy cheeks are a soft bright red.

She looks flawless blushing--but I'm not looking for flawless. Tomoyo may not be the "perfect" Megumi, but even so one thing is clear. Tomoyo is the perfect person for me. I love Tomoyo and her flaws. I wouldn't even care if she had all flaws, I would still want to be by her side.

"I'm sorry, but I cannot accept your feelings." I say without stuttering.

"I see." She responds clearly disappointed. She finally looks up at me and makes eye contact. 

"Thank you for your confession and even though I may not accept your feelings, I am still happy you had the courage to tell me." I respond smiling.

I then focus my attention on the door behind Megumi, and I see Tomoyo who seems to be running away. Did she see the whole confession? Or a better question did she get the wrong idea?

"It's Tomoyo, isn't it?" Megumi says now realizing what I was looking at. Without meaning to I say yes, but shyly.

"To be completely honest, I don't see what makes her so special, but go after her." She says.

"Wha-"

"I said go!" She says pointing to the door.

I run out the door as quickly as I can. I need to explain to Tomoyo what really happened!

***Megumi***P.O.V.

Kanou rushes out the door after Tomoyo. This is the first time I ever lost. Wow does it stink, but at least I feel better he's going after someone he truly loves.

I form a smile at the thought. "Go get her Kanou." I cheer in a low voice.

***Kanou***P.O.V.

I run as fast as I can. 

"Tomoyo!" I yell after her.

Wow, I have really changed. Never in my life have I ever thought, I'd be chasing a girl. To think I used to be afraid of girls and never talked to one.

Tomoyo finally turns around. I couldn't see her eyes because she hung her head low.

"Tomoyo, what you saw--"

"What are you talking about? I'm fine, I'm simply just going home," She said grinning. I can clearly see it is a forced smile. "I'll see you around Kanou." She adds before running off.

Something tells me she more upset than she chooses to show.

***Tomoyo***P.O.V

I try my hardest not to cry. My heart felt like it was breaking in a million pieces. If Kanou didn't like Megumi, why would he smile during the confession?