Chapter 21: Day at the Beach Part One

***Tomoyo***P.O.V

It's finally summer vacation and everything has gone back to normal since the whole Megumi, Kanou mix up. I even managed to become somewhat friends with Megumi. Don't get the wrong idea though, she is still annoying as always.

 Megumi has invited Kanou, Yukimura, Misaki, Takumi, Mizuki and I all to the beach before we part ways for the rest of our summer. I agreed to go of course. How could I reject such an offer to a private beach? Who wouldn't want to go? I begin to pack up my things from my locker to take home for the summer when Megumi suddenly walks over to me.

"I can't wait until you come to my beach house, I have the best news to tell you when you get there." Megumi says with her gleaming green eyes.

"Eh, really? What was the point of telling me about it now then if I can't know the news until late?" I reply and at that moment I thought about something. How exactly am I supposed to get to the beach house? My dad left because he got in some trouble and wants to make sure I don't get involved. So that's not an option.

"Yeah, you make a great point. Is everything alright though? You look bothered. If you think I'm going to try to steal Kanou away from you again, then you're wrong. I'm over that phase now." She says with sincere eyes.

"No, it's not that at all..." I say with my voice trailing off.

She then stops and scans my face expression for a second, which I find really awkward. I then have to break the silence by asking what it is she wanted to say.

"Well, I may have recently become your friend, but judging by the look you just gave me I'd say that you have no way of getting to my beach house, do you?" Megumi says on point. I sigh. Am I really that easy to read?

"Yes, you are really easy to read." she says.

"Ugh, now you're just showing off." I say. She then laughs a little.

"Don't worry Tomoyo, I arranged a flight for all of you to fly to the beach house together." Megumi says reassuring me with a smile. She then reaches in her bag and hands me a piece of paper. I see it's a plane ticket as she hands it to me. A smile immediately glides across my face.

"Megumi thank you!" I say hugging her tightly. She hugs me back.

"What can I say? I'd do anything for someone precious to me." She says releasing me and smiling.

"I got to go now. See you tomorrow Tomoyo!" Megumi says waving to me before leaving.

"See you, miss annoying!" I say waving. I forgot to mention that we came up with once-in-a- while nicknames. Mine happens to be miss stupid for some reason. Shortly after I see Kanou in the distance. He just looks at me without saying a word. It feels like forever since I stared him straight in the face like this. It takes every ounce of courage within me to say this. I know there is no way I will be able to say something like this to him again.

"Kanou have a great summer! I'm looking forward to seeing you a Megumi's beach house." I say before running out the school. So much for not running away anymore, I guess. Seems like that only lasted a chapter. 

I didn't dare look back to see his face, no correction I couldn't look back. How could I say something so embarrassing! Somehow, I can't help but assume that he was smiling at what I said, but maybe it's just my imagination.

***

When I finally make it home, I can't help but sink to my knees and take a deep breath. I'm really stupid. How can I say something to Kanou so carelessly? This was going to bother me. Can you blame me for it though? I'm just teenage girl. Another part of me is excited for tomorrow to come. I get to see all my friends one last time before the summer. I finally get up and sit on the couch and turn on the TV.

Breaking News! A new report shows a plane heading for America has crashed, here's Lee Yui with the rest of the story.

Suddenly I was feeling very sleepy, but I have no idea why. I lay and fall soundly asleep on the couch.

***

When I wake up and it's four in the morning. I stretch and notice I have two missed calls from Misaki. I call her back, even though I doubt she would answer her phone this early in the morning. Right away Misaki's loud yelling voice fills my ears.

"Hey where in the world are you? Our flight leaves in two hours!"

I totally forgot our flight leaves at 6am! I must have overslept; I didn't get a chance to pack!

"Ok, I'm on my way! Text me the directions. Bye!" I hang up and begin to hurry up and pack everything I needed for the trip. Right when I was about to leave, I just remembered I almost forgot my underwear. How embarrassing that would have been if I forgot that.

I then look at the directions to get to the airport by now it was 5:01am. I had to hurry up if I wanted to make it to the airport on time.

I begin to run but as I'm running when I notice I passed the same building twice. Oh, great I'm lost.

Why do these things always happen to me?