Chapter 16: Spying

***Kanou***P.O.V

When the weekend rolled in, I was up early in the morning. I don't know why but I was anxious to see Tomoyo today. Well actually I'm not really seeing her.

I'm more of spying on her and her music club. That's not creepy is it? Anyway, I'll just have to make sure Eito doesn't make any more moves while I'm not with Tomoyo.

I don't know why but I know I have to beat Eito. I have to be the one Tomoyo loves. 

What is happening to me once I was afraid of girls now, I want one to love me?

I guess that can only mean one thing...

"I am madly in love with Tomoyo!" I say proudly aloud for the first time.

"What was that?" I hear Yukimura say as he walks into my living room, which makes me jump and blush at the same time.

"H--How did you get in here?" I say still in shock that he almost heard me.

"I kept knocking but no one answered the door, so I let myself in. You really need to lock the door Kanou." Yukimura explained.

An awkward pause passes before Yukimura begins to speak.

"So, you ready to go to Glady's?" He adds. I just nod my head, and we both head out the door.

Once we are outside Yukimura speaks once again.

"So how do we get to this new restaurant?" Yukimura asks me. Oh, crap I did not think this far ahead! I don't know how to get there. What do I do now?

In that moment, I notice a familiar girl with orange hair walking alongside three other people. It was Tomoyo and the music club.

This is my chance. I can closely follow them to the restaurant, but not too close for anyone to notice, not even Yukimura.

***

Once we got to Glady's, the place was packed. There were fancy lamps and newly colored bricks, and the windows were tinted a light shade of black. I hope it looks just as good on the inside as it does outside.

"This place looks nice Kanou, good pick!" Yukimura says cheerfully giving me a thumbs up before we head in.

Well, I was completely wrong about the interior looking nice. They had red checkered tablecloths on wooden tables. The chairs were made from old brown wood and were very uncomfortable.

Yukimura and I decided to sit at a booth at least the seats were more comfortable.

All the way on the opposite side of the room Tomoyo and the music club members sit at another booth. I can hear giggling and laughter.

What's even worse is that I can see Eito staring at Tomoyo laughing and having a good time. I wish I can throw food at him.

Suddenly a waiter appears with short black hair and blue eyes. She was short and cute, but she was nowhere near as cute as Tomoyo not even close.

"Hello, welcome to Glady's! My name is Mina and I'll be your server for today!" She says cheerfully before talking again.

"Is there anything to drink I could get you guys?" She asks us both.

"So-"

"Water for both of us." I say cutting Yukimura off. He makes a confused glance at me. The sooner this waiter leaves the sooner I can spy on Tomoyo and her gang.

"OK, I'll be right back." The waiter grins before leaving.

When she leaves, I can still see the music club laughing and smiling.