Chapter 29: Breakups and Makeups

***Tomoyo***P.O.V.

When I sit back down at the booth next to everyone, I try my best not to think about what Izumi just told me.

"You were sure in there a long time. Kanou managed to finish the problem you couldn't solve while you were gone." Yukimura says breaking me out 

I wish Kanou would stop being nice to me. I wish he would just make it clear how he really feels about me. 

"T--Tomoyo are you ok?" Kanou says looking at me with his dark violet eyes.

Just stop it already. I don't want you to play with my feelings like this if you're not serious about me! Continuing to act so kindly towards me while I don't know for sure is too much for me.

"Um nothing, I'm just feeling a little sick. I think I'm going to head home early and get some rest." I say getting up from the booth, but before I can move, I feel something warm on my wrist. I already know that this warmth is Kanou's hand.

I hung my head low where my bangs are over my eyes, and I let the tears flow.

Why is it that I continue to believe that Kanou is doing all these things because he loves me? In reality he might've never cared for me the same way I do for him, or does he? I snatched my wrist away from his grasp before beginning to speak.

"Enough Kanou. Just stop it already! Stop pretending to care! I'm sick of it, I just want you to leave me alone for good!" I yelled before running out the restaurant. I wipe my eyes as tears keep falling.

In my head I keep saying...

Am I doing the right thing? If so, why do I feel so much regret?

***Megumi***P.O.V.

After the whole Tomoyo yelling at Kanou incident, Kanou and Yukimura decid to head home. The only ones left in the study group was me and that girl Izumi. I had a bone to pick with her.

"Look here, there is only room for one person to mess with Tomoyo and that's me. So you need to back off and tell me what you told Tomoyo in the girls bathroom." I spat at her while shooting her a mean look. She leans back on the booth chair like she doesn't have a care in the world.

"Well, you are quite the overprotective one, aren't you? Last time I checked you don't seem to be Tomoyo's boyfriend." Izumi states in a cold voice.

"You little brat! Cut the crap and tell me already!" I yell getting more irritated. I didn't care about at all the glares I got from people around the room.

"You're quite the nuisance too. Well, even if I did tell Tomoyo something,I wouldn't tell you about it."

"Wh--"

"Look, I'd love to stay and chat with a high maintenance Barbie, but I have places to be." Izumi says getting up from the booth and walking out.

I'm going to get to the bottom to what exactly happened between Izumi and Tomoyo if it's the last thing I do.

***

The next day at school Tomoyo wasn't kidding when she said that she wanted Kanou to leave her alone for good. Every time Kanou would try to speak to her she would ignore him or walk away. This has got to be one of the biggest fights I have ever seen between them and it's all Izumi's fault. Kanou seems to have given up on trying to speak to Tomoyo too because he hasn't approached her in hours.

When school was just about over, I marched up straight to Tomoyo to confront her about Kanou.

"Look Tomoyo don't you think it's a little harsh to be treating Kanou this way?" I asked.

"No, why would I care about him who needs him?" She says closing her shoe locker.

"You need him Tomoyo, and as much as you probably hate to admit it, you need him badly too." I plead with her, but her face expression still remains blank.

"Sorry Megumi, I know you really wanted me and Kanou to be together, but now I can't see that happening anymore." Tomoyo responds looking down.

"Are you sure?" I ask awaiting the answer.

"I'm positive." She stated confidentially.

"Well, if you're so sure, then let me at least show you this, then tell me you're sure," I say to her, and she looks puzzled. "Let's just say I have a little plan and I need you to help me complete it." I add and she looks even more confused now.

***

The next day I hid a fake confession letter in Izumi's locker telling her to meet in room 2-3 after school. I hid around the corner to see Izumi open her locker and read the letter.

Everything is going according to plan.

"Hey Megumi, what are you doing?" I hear Takashi's familiar voice say behind me.

"Oh, I'm just doing the usual." I try to say as casual as possible, but I can see he isn't buying it. He stares deeply into in my eyes, and I began to blush. You would think I would get used to talking to him normally after a couple weeks of being his girlfriend, but I have to admit that I'm still nervous.

"Well, whatever it is you're doing just try not to get into too much trouble, alright? I care about you a lot Megumi, and last thing I need is for something to happen to you." He says before walking away. I begin to blush even harder now.

Takashi! Always managing to make me blush like a fool. Suddenly I am reminded of Izumi and my mission. I look back around the corner to notice she isn't there anymore. I was so busy blushing about Takashi that I forgot what my main focus was right now.

I guess now's the time I get back on track because when the end of the day rolls around my operation, "get Kanou and Tomoyo back together," will be implemented and I need Izumi to help with that.