Chapter 35: Old Love, New Love

***Tomoyo***P.O.V.

"Hey Tomoyo, long time no see." The figure says and my eyes begin to shrink up from shock.

"Oh, come on, don't tell me you forgot about me? How rude of you to forget about the person you confessed to in middle school."

Why him? Why now out of all times? How could the guy I had a crush on in middle school suddenly show up at the most inconveniencing time?

"Hi...Kazuma." I said looking away from him. Why couldn't I look him in the eyes like a normal person? The one I was in love with was Kanou after all...right?

If that's the case, then why is my heart feeling like it's beating out my chest as I think about Kazuma and his golden blond hair, along with the way his eyes stare ever so softly.

"So, here's the deal, I know I rejected you before, but I realized that dating Yukino was the biggest mistake I have ever made. Tomoyo you are the one I want to be with, and that's exactly why I took all this time to find you." He says grasping my hands tightly. I blush and am forced to look him in the eyes.

"W--What are y--you saying?" I said barely making my words come out.

"I'm saying, I want you to come with me to London to study abroad." He says with a determined look in his eyes.

For years I have dreamed for Kazuma to come after me, but thing is, is this still my dream right now?

Before I could respond, I feel warm arms pull me back into what felt like somebody's chest. I look up and see Kanou with a really serious look in his eyes. He looks like he could hurt someone. I then focus back on him pulling me tightly into his chest as if he is protecting me from Kazuma.

Kazuma stares at Kanou with the same expression.

"Oh, I see you're busy with other people, I'll talk to you some other time. Just at least think about what I said Tomoyo." Kazuma says adding emphasis on the words other people, before walking away.

Kanou still had me in his warm grasp, so I began to speak.

"U--Um Kanou, I can't breathe." I barely make out and he finally releases me.

"S--Sorry." he says, looking away with his cheeks red.

"So, I see you met my old friend Kazuma." I say trying to break the awkwardness.

"A friend huh? Well, I think you should stay clear of him, I don't think he can be trusted." He says in a serious voice. I just nod my head in agreement and we both walk home together.

As much as my heart believes this is true right now, I know that I can't make assumptions since I have a bad habit of doing so but...

Is Kanou jealous right now?

***

When I arrived at home, I explained to my brother what had happened. He gives me this really weird smirk before speaking.

"Oh Tomoyo, I think they're both jealous." He says nudging me in a teasing tone.

"What? No not Kanou, me and him are friends, there is no way he can like me." I state trying to hold back that I was blushing at the moment.

Takashi rolls his eyes at me, before he begins to talk again.

"Gosh Tomoyo, are you really that dense? How do you not get it yet? No, you know what I'll let you figure it out yourself." He adds and it makes me irritated that he won't tell me what's going on.

"Come on Takashi, just tell me." I whined in frustration.

"I'm sorry, but I can't say. The only thing I will say is that Kanou has something he really wants to say to you, and he is probably going to say it pretty soon." he says before heading up to his room.