Chapter 33: The "Perfect" Chocolate

***Tomoyo***P.O.V.

I am woken up to something shaking me. An earthquake? No, it can't be.

"Tomoyo wake up! Something in the oven smells like it's burning." Takashi says to me shaking me back and forth to wake me up.

Oh crap, the chocolate! I must of fell asleep. I jump up and take the chocolate out the oven, almost burning my hand in the process. It's just as I thought my chocolates were ruined, the shape, the taste, all of it was ruined. Takashi then walks over in the kitchen and looks at my burnt chocolate.

"Well, I hope this guy of yours likes dark chocolate." Takashi says and I punch him as hard as I can in the arm.

"What? It was only a joke." Takashi says rubbing his arm that I had punched. What am I going to do now? I don't have the supplies or the time to make new chocolate. I guess I'll have to wrap up the burnt chocolates for tomorrow and hope it distracts him enough not to open it.

This should work right?

***

The next day at school I walk over by Kanou's shoe locker. I hide around the corner with the bag of burnt chocolates in my hands. Should I really give him these? I then shake my head. I made them for him, so I have to give them to him. Right when I'm about to put my chocolate in his locker, I notice something in pretty wrapping falling out his locker.

Is that someone else's chocolate? But from who? I'm not the only one that is in love with Kanou? I couldn't look anymore; in fact, I didn't even have the courage to give him my chocolates anymore. I felt like I was going to be sick. Before I could get to class I bump into Megumi.

"Tomoyo what happened? Did you give Kanou your chocolates?"

 My heart feel like it was breaking into a million pieces. Who else is in love with Kanou?

"I can't take it anymore! Every time I try to get close to Kanou something goes wrong! It's like I don't understand him at all!" I practically yell.

"Relax Tomoyo, slow down and tell me exactly what happened." Megumi reasoned.

"Well, I seen chocolates from someone else in Kanou's locker when I was about to give him mine. They were wrapped in beautiful purple wrapping." I say, trying to hold in the whole bunch of mixed emotions I was feeling right now.

"Did you say purple wrapping?" Megumi asked, before she bursts out laughing. I don't have any idea why she thinks this situation is funny.

"What's so funny?" I questioned, getting annoyed at her laughter.

"Those aren't from anyone that likes Kanou, those are from Mizuki. She gave us all chocolates and look here she comes now." I then turn around and face Mizuki with her pink ponytail bobbing. It's been a while since I seen her, probably because she's been so busy with the music club these past few days.

"Tomoyo, please accept these chocolates from the music club." Mizuki says bowing and rising again and then handing me a bag of chocolates in fancy purple wrapping.

I feel extra stupid and embarrassed right now. I guess I jumped to conclusions.

"Uh, thank you." I reply and Mizuki smiles before walking away.

***

Class went by in a flash. I didn't even realize it was over. When I was about to leave the classroom, I noticed Megumi shoving Izumi around.

"W--What are you doing peasant? Let go of me!" Izumi says as Megumi pushed her out the door.

"This might be your only chance to give him chocolates. He's coming this way now." Megumi says desperately trying to shove her some more. I looked to see who Megumi was talking about. Yukimura and Kanou are coming, and she is probably saying that this Izumi's best chance at giving Yukimura her chocolate.