Chapter 32: Love Holiday

***Tomoyo***P.O.V.

Days have past and everyone is glad that Megumi was able to stay with us. I know I am. Anyway, a day has recently arrived in Japan that all girls dread most. The day when girls constantly worry about what's going to happen or if everything will work out. It's a day of love, and the worst part is that it means bringing chocolates to the person you love. Yup, you guessed it, it's Valentine's Day.

Megumi has already planned out how she's going to give chocolates to my brother Takashi already. Did I mention that they got back together ever since we all found out that Megumi isn't moving to Paris after all? Well, I'm sure you all figured that anyway. 

"Tomoyo, are you even listening?" Megumi scolds me, which snapped me out of my thoughts.

"Uh, you said something about chocolate?" I said shrugging, and she gives me a disapproving look. One thing I will say about Megumi is that she takes this Valentine's Day thing way too seriously.

"Tomoyo, I already told you this two times already. I said I'm thinking of making Takashi a chocolate cake that says I Love You on it." She explained. Megumi then focuses on me for a good long moment, and it makes me think, what could she be planning now?

"What?" I questioned and in response she gives me this sly smile.

"If I didn't know better, I'd say that you're nervous about something. It wouldn't have anything to do with it being Valentine's Day tomorrow or Kanou, would it?" She asks still wearing a mischievous smirk on her face. She was also leaned in close to my face. I back away and then begin to blush extra hard. You can count on Megumi to know exactly what to say to make feel embarrassed. How did she know I was nervous about giving chocolates to Kanou?

"How did you know?" I asked.

"Easy, you've been spaced out this whole morning so it's obvious that something is on your mind and that something is usually Kanou. I have to say though I'm proud that you are finally deciding to make the first move." She explained all at once, which caused me to blush once more. Just the thought of giving chocolates to Kanou is nerve racking, not to mention that there is a chance that Kanou won't accept them or even worse he will say he doesn't like sweet things.

To be honest, I really know anything else about Kanou except for his family life, that he's smart, he knows how to fight and that he's not good at talking to girls. Okay, maybe I do know quite a bit after all, but I still don't know simple things like what he hates or what he likes. This is the struggle of Valentine's Day for girls.

"So, what kind of chocolates are you thinking of giving him anyway?" Megumi asked me.

"I don't exactly know. I haven't really thought about it." I stated honestly.

"Well, just don't give him anything cheap like store bought chocolates." She states waving a finger in my face. Yup, Megumi takes Valentine's Day way too seriously.

Moments later Megumi and I are in our homeroom.

"What are you so happy about peasant?" Izumi states when we get to our seats. As she looked over at Megumi, I realized the question was directed at her.

"As if you don't know." Megumi's says while giving Izumi a sly smile. To my surprise Izumi blushes. She is cute in a little girl kind of way. 

"I--idiot! I don't know what you are talking about." She says all flustered while crossing her arms.

"I think you do." Megumi's says leaning closer to Izumi's face, while Izumi on the other hand continues pouting like a baby.

"Even if I do know, I wouldn't tell anything to peasants like you." She says with pride.