"Your lack of concern for yourself worries me, my Lord."

It's morning in Chaldea, some servants are already up but the Master has always been a late bloomer. By the time he woke up, the sun was already close to its peak, and the servant on his side still hadn't woken up. Brushing aside the blanket, the former Saber of red was lying on her side, clutching Stuff's arm, slightly shaking.

"She must have had a nightmare." Stuff mused out loud, running his hand on Mordred's face until she grabbed it in her sleep.

After a moment, Stuff got out of his bed and stopped in front of a wall. "You're a new servant? Welcome to My Room. A strange place to introduce yourself, but I'm not judging." No response came from the wall. Stuff nodded "A shy one I see. Well, that's fine with me. You hungry?"

Yet again, there was no reaction, which seemed to satisfy the Master of Chaldea who went for breakfast.

Mordred was awakened for a moment and witnessed the whole event. "The fuck?"

Later during the day, after the morning expedition, Stuff came back with his party after the usual hunt for materials. As he was conversing with Jeanne and Nero, he suddenly stopped and this time started a conversation with the ceiling.

"You've been protecting the base while I was away? That was really helpful, thanks. I asked Da Vinci to make you a room for rest. Feel free to go there if you're bored." No answer, again, which seemed to be good enough for the Master of Chaldea who continued forward, to the bewilderment of his two companions.

Jeanne skipped towards her Master in an attempt to get his attention. "You've been talking to nobody little brother. Are you alright? Do you need a massage from your older sister?" Jeanne offered, which had the other companion rushing forward.

"How dare you take my husband away from me!? You harlot, I am the only person allowed to put my hands on this man!?" Nero interjected, entering into a conflict with the sea archer.

"My little brother isn't interested in self centered women! If you don't learn to share your love, it will only be so long before he rejects you." Jeanne responded.

"Speak for yourself! My husband has no business getting anywhere near your filthy hands! Now come Master, it's time for some skinship!" By the time Jeanne was done checking her hands, Nero already wrapped her arms around Stuff's, who was not getting involved in that conversation.

"See? It's not that hard to just ask. Just follow me." Stuff was about to move forward until he felt the added weight on his arm. "Can it wait? I still need to show her around."

The bridal saber had a stunned expression on her face, relaxing her grip with a saddened look. To which Stuff almost instinctively patted her head. "Hmmm, do what you must." Nero gave in as the Master of Chaldea was proceeding along the corridor.

It was now afternoon and the servants all had their first contact with Stuff talking to nobody. A general worry was formenting and the first meeting of Chaldea's servants was starting. Nightingale was the leader of the movement, her knowledge in medicine being far superior to the rest.

"So I suppose we all know what is happening? The commander has been showing a few signs of a weakening mental state. While his leadership hasn't been the most involved, he remains a cornerstone of this base, and his loss would be most tragic." Nightingale pointed out, pulling out a whiteboard.

"I think the reason is obvious." The bridal saber, who was the closest to Stuff, took her turn in the talk. "Every great man lives life to its fullest, that is true. But the most unsettling truth is what happens when a great man is past his prime. I'm afraid him talking to himself is only the beginning of the end. In a few years, he might not recognize any of us and... and..." Nero was close to breaking down, and the rest of the members of Chaldea, at least those who were interested in this situation came to comfort her.