●Chapter 6● Hurt ●

Drupad was angry. No no no he was seething. He was in the royal court discussing about the arrangement of war against Northern Panchal, so he can get back his kingdom and kill that arrogant Dronacharya and get his revenge.

He didn't expect his youngest daughter to barge in the court room. Niyathi was clad in royal clothes, she was wearing heavy jewelry which screamed she was a royal, she looked ethereal in that look, it increased her beauty ten fold. The courtiers were staring at her in awe.

She ignored the stares and walked inside the courtroom, her head held high, her stance confident, she truly looked like a queen.

Drupad was shocked, he knew his daughter despised royal clothes and jewelry yet she wore it. His daughter truly looked like a queen and he wanted to bow down infront of her.

He quickly got rid of the thoughts and chided himself. He masked his expression and asked, "What are you doing here?" in a cold voice.

Niyathi wasn't faced a bit by his intimidated look or his cold voice. True it hurts a bit that her father is talking to her in this manner, but she stopped trying to please him a long ago, she is not the one to change her nature for someone else who is not worthy enough for her kindness. She shook her thoughts and said what she wanted to say.

Now you know the reason why Drupad was seething. He glared at his youngest daughter.

He thought 'How dare this insolent girl!? Who is she to question me!? I am Maharaj and I know what to do! I don't need dharma preaching from a month old girl! How dare come to my court room and ask me not to wage a war on that arrogant Dronacharya. She needs to know her place. She humiliated me infront of my courtiers by opposing my decisions. She should have some manners. I will teach her that! She will respect me!'

Drupad shouted at Niyathi, "How dare you girl!? Who do you think you are, barging into the courtroom when important matters are discussed

Drupad shouted at Niyathi, "How dare you girl!? Who do you think you are, barging into the courtroom when important matters are discussed. I am Maharaj and I know what decision to make. I don't need your advice! You think you can barge into the courtroom, disrespect me infront of my courtiers and get away with it. You think you have authority for that because you are my daughter? Then listen well girl! You are nothing but a burden to me! I didn't want you in the first place the gods forced me to take you! I don't want you! Know well that you are a burden and a disgrace to me!"

Drupad's cold words rang in the courtroom. Everyone was shocked
How can a father say that to his daughter? They pitied the youngest fire born, no one should experience this. But some some egoistic men enjoyed this spectacle as they believed that Niyathi was wrong involving her in political matters.

Niyathi stood there emotionless. Her father's words rang in her mind.

'Burden, disgrace is that what I am?' She was numb. 'Why does my father hate me so much? What had I done to make him hate me so much?'

Niyathi had done everything to make her father like her but he didn't even spare her a glance let alone talk nicely. So after a while she stopper trying to her father's attention, she learnt it was useless as her father was clearly not interested in her.

She envied her brother for having her father's attention. But can you blame her she is also a human being with feelings and emotions. She had heard the maids talk about their father, how caring he will be to them, how he will shower them with his love, whenever she heard them talk about theor father fondly, she was hit by a wave of sadness. Her heart yearned for her father's love. Even after all this time she reassured herself that, one day her father will accept her as his daughter. But today all her hopes were crushed by her father's words.

His words echoed in her mind 'Disgrace.Burden. Disgrace. Burden. Disgrace. Burden' Her eyes were filled with unshed tears.

'I am a burden for him ain't I? Then he won't carry this burden anymore.'

What she said next shook everyone to the core.

"Neither I will be a disgrace nor I will be a burden to you father

"Neither I will be a disgrace nor I will be a burden to you father. You consider as a burden given by the gods right? Then you won't carry this burden anymore. I will no longer stay here....."

She looked at her father without any emotions. The courtiers couldn't comprehend what their beloved princess is saying but they know it is not a good one. Niyathi let out a sigh and announced

"I am leaving the Palace right now"

--
So hey my lovely reader I am back!
I will be returning to my hostel on September 7, I have a tight schedule as I am NEET aspirant and XII student. So please forgive me for not updating regularly. I will try to update it whenever I have time.

Vote if you like!!!
Stay tuned!

Ramsri
xx