●Chapter 18● The Mystery Man ●

In the forest of Ayodhya:

Niyathi charged at the asur who was close to her and tried to maim his chest area but he was prepared and defended her attack by a sword of his own.

Niyathi quickly bend down and took another dagger and slashed his chest area. The asur groaned in pain as the blood rapidly oozed down his abdomen.

In retaliation he slashed his sword against the arm of an unsuspecting Niyathi which resulted her getting a gash on her left arm.

She cursed the asur in her mind and kicked the asur in the injured area.

She then turned towards the remaining three asurs. The leader and his two sidekicks.

He seemed to be astonished seeing Niyathi's duel with his fellow asurs. He didn't think she was capable of debating an trained asur let alone kill one.

After astonishment came fear. Fear what if he failed in his task? His master will have his head if he didn't come with his beloved.

After fear came anger. Anger at the girl infront of him who had killed his fellow comrades. Anger at himself for underestimating the girl.

He then ordered the standing two asurs to attack Niyathi simultaneously. Maybe she can't handle two trained asurs at a same time.

Oh how wrong he was.

The daughter Agni quickly grasped the asurs plan and strategically planned her next move.

She thanked the stars that she is ambidextrous. And she was grateful to her sister Shikandini for giving her hard training for making her an ambidextrous.

Being an ambidextrous is an advantage to her but for the asurs? Not so much.

They didn't expect her to be ambidextrous and that was their mistake.

Underestimating the daughter of Agni proved to be fateful for them.

Guess they didn't learnt the lesson.

After successfully killing the two asurs, she turned towards the leader who was looking at her blankly.

The leader looked at his fallen friends with a slight sorrow and looked at the murderer of his comrades.

Even with the gashes and cuts, Niyathi stood straight not once showing her weakness infront of her enemy.

The blood of the asurs she massacred mercilessly dripped down her sword.

The crazed look in her eyes and the smirk playing on her lips, her clothes splashed with his comrade's blood was enough to scare him to the core.

In short she looked like death.

Goddess of Death.

The leader of the now fallen group braced himself for the fight. It was either him or her. He don't think he will see the next sunrise.

He can see that his time is gonna end soon. He can visualize the Lord of Death standing near him to take his wretched soul with him to hell.

Either he will die in the hands of the girl infront of him. Even if he manages to leave alive out of this fight, he will be beheaded by his master. There is a slim chance that he may win this fight and bring Niyathi with him.

Even if there is a possibility for him to win, he will take that chance and win.

Niyathi pouted at him mockingly and provoked his anger by saying, "Scared to die by my hands just like your friends?"