●Chapter 10● The Gift ●

After taking the promise from her father. Niyathi didn't look back. The Avatar of Lord Vishnu looked at her retreating figure with a sad smile. He thought, 'Isha managed to get a promise from Maharaj Drupad. Well she didn't know that promises are meant to be broken.'

A week passed. Niyathi's father tried to fix his relationship with his youngest but Niyathi refused to acknowledge his efforts. Well he had a taste of his own medicine.

In this week, Krishna and Niyathi'd relationship bloomed into a sacred one of brother and sister. It was like they have known each other forever. And Krishna couldn't be more happier when she called him 'Bhratha Kanha.'. Though he yearned for Isha to call him 'Mamashree', still something is better than nothing.

The eldest Agnikanya was little skeptical of Dwarkadesh, well he did try to kill her father. But who can resist the charm of Kanha. Like Kanha quoted, 'Charm is more valuable than beauty. You can resist beauty but you can't resist charm. And it's a plus that I have both.' She succumbed to his charms and became his friend. He was her Sakha Govind.

After another week it was time for Krishna to depart to Dwarka. Eventhough his heart desired to be with Isha he had duties as a king. But he knows this will not be the last time he will be seeing her. He still had to make up for the time he lost with her.

Everyone was standing near the entrance of the Palace to send off Dwarkadesh. Well everyone was there except his Isha. His eyes were searching for her.

Draupadi who noticed her sisters absence frowned, "Jiji! Where is Niyathi? Mahadev this girl has no manners! Is she still in the garden playing with her bunnies?"

Before Shikandi could reply to her sister Krishna said quickly, "Don't worry Sakhi. I will go see her myself."
He moved away quickly before anyone could stop or question him.

As Vasudev reached garden he saw his beloved Isha sitting under the tree and as Draupadi predicted she was playing with the bunnies.

Kanha who saw this clutched his heart said, "There I am waiting for you to send me off. Here you are playing with your bunnies Mayuri. I am hurt."

Niyathi gave him a deadpanned look. She ignored him and continued playing with her bunnies which was enjoying the attention the Panchal Rajkumari was giving it.

Kanha narrowed his eyes at the bunny which was snuggling into his Mayuri's lap. He gave an evil eye to it. He groaned in his mind, 'What kind of life I am living!? Even being a God I am getting jealous of a bunny.'

He shook his head and headed towards Niyathi whi was hell bent on ignoring him. He sat next to her and said, "OK leave all that. I know you are angry at me."

He gave a look to Mayuri when he saw that she was going to protest, "I know you are, for my early departure. But I came bearing gift."

Mayuri perked up at name gift. She looked at him with impatience.

Kanha chuckled and handed her a blood red pouch and gestured her to look inside it.

Niyathi opened the pouch and fished out something from it.

It was a pendant.

It was not a normal one. It was a gift from her father. It was the one she wore everyday till the day she died in her previous life.

Niyathi looked at the pendant in awe. She gingerly placed it in her palm and admired it. It was a cresent moon pendant. The crrsent moon had intricate design in it which made it more beautiful. As she touched it she couldn't ignore the wave of familiarity which washed over her.

The Avatar of Vishnu explained the meaning of the pendant, "This pendant was given by a dear friend of mine Mayuri

The Avatar of Vishnu explained the meaning of the pendant, "This pendant was given by a dear friend of mine Mayuri. It reminded me of you so I gave it to you."

She looked at him with question. So he explained, "You have a face which resembles the moon. And your name is Chandhini. So it quite fits you I think."

She looked at the pendant again but Niyathi found something was a amiss from the pendant. It was as if the pendant was incomplete.

Kanha continued, "But there is one drawback. This is only half of the pendant. The other half was lost it seems. That's why it's incomplete."

Niyathi nodded dazed. She was still staring at the pendant, the familiar felling was foreign to her. As the Avatar of Vishnu said that the necklace was incomplete and it's other half was missing, she wondered what it would be. Knowingly or unknowingly she was missing her other half too. Her soul yearned for it.

Seeing her frowning face, the Avatar of Vishnu chuckled to himself. He thought, 'Even after forgetting her memories she couldn't forget Adithya. Can't blame her who could forget that charming lad who was admired by every celestial being except that one.' His mood immediately darkened when he thought of that particular Dev. He fisted his hand and controlled his temper. Seeing his Mayuri there he calmed himself down.

Niyathi asked Kanha to put the pendant around her neck. Krishna did as he was asked. As Niyathi was busy thinking about the other half of the pendant. The Moon pendant shined for a second and returned to its normal state.

Kanha who saw this smiled and looked at the sky and said to himself, "My work here is done my dear friend Mahadev."

What Kanha and Niyathi didn't know is that the owner of the other half of the pendant is also yearning for his other half.

Only time and destiny may decide when they can meet.

--
So the gift was given.

Who has the other half any guesses?

And who is that one celestial being who angered Lord Krishna?
If you have any put in the comment box.

What will happen next?

Stay tuned for the next update!

Ramsri
xx