●Chapter 12● Court ●

Suryadev ascended the sky earlier than usual. It was as if he was eager to see the reincarnated soul in action.

The most anticipated hour of the day came. After discussing all the issues of the kingdom an announcement came,
"The youngest Princess of Panchala, Rajkumari Niyathi is entering the court!"

The courtiers were curious and wary of the announcement. Last time the Princess entered the court it was not a pleasant situation. What will the reason for her arrival? They just hoped that it won't be drastic.

But there is a say right? Not all the things we hope will come true.

Niyathi entered the court with her held high. Unlike last time she was not wearing heavy dress or jewelry. She was wearing an simple dress and minimal jewelry. But the thing highlighted her presence was the sword in her waistband. Most of the courtiers didn't mind it as they have seem their elder Princess carry weapons all the times. But some egoistic mind couldn't handle seeing a woman having a sword.

Niyathi joined her hands and greeted the court members. She looked at Maharaj Drupad who was looking at her blankly without showing his emotions.

He took a deep breath and said, "I know you all are wondering why Rajkumari Niyathi had come to the court. The youngest Princess of Panchala had put forth an request in front of me which will affect her social life. As a father my heart yearns to fulfill her wish but before that I am a king...."

Niyathi almost scoffed hearing her father's words. She thought bitterly, 'His heart yearns? My foot! Trying to gain sympathy by playing the card of a perfect father is he? He can manipulate the court for now but when my turn comes I won't leave any stones unturned. Wait and watch Pitashree I will thwart your plan mercilessly.'

Her father continued unaware of her thoughts, "As a King I am scared that this decision of hers may affect our kingdom somehow. So I am letting you all decide whether her wish should be fulfilled or not. I hope you all make the right decision for our kingdom..."

He said this looking straight at his daughter. His face was blank but his eyes conveyed his message clearly. She should convince the court to give her permission for her gurukul.

Niyathi wasn't affected the slightest she just raised her eyebrow and smirked at her father. This made Drupad lose his composure for a few seconds. He knew his daughter knows his plan. In the back of his mind a voice whispered that she will thwart his plan easily.

He regained his composure when one of his courtiers asked him, "Please Maharaj, we all know you will take decision for the betterment of this kingdom. If you want us to discuss Rajkumar Niyathi's decision regarding her life then we will give you an apt answer. Please first tell us the query Maharaj."

Maharaj Drupad took a deep breath and announced in the court, "Rajkumari Niyathi wishes to pursue her father studies of Weapons in Gurukul!" His voice echoed in the court room.

It was silent for a first few moment. Then utter chaos. The courtiers were shouting left and right. Eventhough Panchala gave freedom to the woman of their houses, the men couldn't handle their woman being independent or stronger than them. They shouting incoherently.

'How can a woman go to gurukul?'

'What will happen to their kingdoms reputation when this news goes out?'

'Won't the other kingdoms King laugh them for sending the princess to Gurukul?'

'They will mock them saying that now they need a woman for protection that they are sending their Princess for weapon training.'

'Will any of the royals be willing to marry the princess?'

'No Maharaj we don't entertain these things.'

'Women are only meant for kitchen and house, they are not meant to carry weapons. Their duty is to take care of the household not protecting it.'

Niyathi's anger was slowly rising after hearing all these nonsense. Her patience snapped hearing the last comment.

She shouted, "ENOUGH!"

The men present there gaped at the audacity of the princess. How dare she raise their voice against them. Not once in their life a woman disrespected them. This bruised their male ego a lot.

She glared heavily at each and every members of the court. She was seething. The essence of her spiritual father running in her vein was begging to be unleashed and show these egotistical men their rightful place.

She took a deep breath and said, "Maharaj Drupad will not answer your queries. Today this daughter of Agni will solve your issues."

She looked at each and everyone of them in the eyes daring them to intervene. She said, "For your first question, how can a woman go to gurukul? Frankly I think I can because I wish to go. I don't need your permission for anything but since you are asking for an explanation I will gladly give you one. You all are speaking like this because you haven't seen a woman go to Gurukul right? If I am going for a Kanyakul you all would have agreed gladly. I think someone should start new things then others will follow. Let me be the one starting this tradition of woman going to Gurukul."

The courtiers couldn't utter a single word as Niyathi talked. They were astonished by the audacity of this girl. But guess what they couldn't talk back as they feared her spiritual father, Agnidev more than Maharaj Drupad. What if he cursed them for disrespecting his daughter? Some still were brave enough to openly glare at the daughter of Agni. What shall I say? They pray to Parvati, Lakshmi, Saraswathi but don't respect the ladies of their houses. The irony isn't it.

Niyathi continued, "What will other kingdoms say was it? It's your wish to reveal this news to other kingdom. I am perfectly fine with announcing that I am going to Gurukul. But it seems you all have a problem with that. I have a perfect solution for that. Maharaj Drupad can order everyone of our kingdom not to disclose this information to anyone. Surely they will obey his words right?"

She looked at Maharaj Drupad whose face was blank not giving away his inner thoughts. The courtiers couldn't bring themselves to speak against the Youngest Panchal Kumari. They stood silent as she continued.

"And for your other questions. If at all, the other kingdoms discover that I am going to Gurukul, let them do whatever they want. Let them laugh, taunt, insult us but we won't let that easily would we? For every laugh, every insult, every taunt I will make them pay. "

The court room was filled with palpable tension. The tone of Panchal Kumari send shivers down their spine. The dark undertone in her voice made them cower not that they will admit it.

"I will make them pay so that they should think twice to mess with us. I will make everyone pay. This is my promise to you all."

Another promise was made. No one know the outcome of this promise. But surely it won't be pretty.

"And I, Agni, daughter of Agnidev is not known for breaking her promise."

The world will know the wrath of Niyathi. And they will forever remember that. They will remember The Agni who stripped their arrogance. The world will always remember her.

--
So another chapter!

How was it? Please comment below!

Niyathi is spitting fire!

Vote of you like and share it to others!

Stay tuned for the next part!

Ramsri
xx