●Chapter 9● Promise ●

Niyathi was shocked would be an understatement. I mean it's not everyday you see your father, mind you an arrogant and egoistic one apologizing to you with bowed head and joined hands.

She looked at her sister who looked bewildered as her.

Draupadi was the first one to recover from the shock. She held his folded hands and asked him, "Pitashree no need of this. You have realized your mistake it is more than enough."

For Draupadi, her father realizing his mistake was more than enough. He doesn't need to apologize to her as he is elder to her. But for Niyathi the case was different.

The youngest Panchala Princess looked at her sister baffled. She was baffled beacuse how her sister forgave her father easily. Did she forget his words, his actions which hurt them both? Well she shouldn't be surprised this is Draupadi who always vied for her father's attention. Or the child in her yearned for her father's love. She can't really blame Draupadi, her mentality is different from hers. For her, father's words are like God's will, which she will follow blindly.

Well the same can't be said for Niyathi. Neither she is vying for her father's attention nor she will forgive him so easily. Then you can ask her why she protected him from Dwarkadesh.

Her father can forget his dharma towards his daughter. Though her views on dharma are different from others but the youngest of Drupad will never forget hers.

That is the reason why she saved him from harm. Nothing more nothing less.

Drupad looked relieved that Draupadi forgave him. He looked positively delighted but it ended soon when he saw his youngest scathing look. And he knew his youngest is not the one who forgives someone so easily. He knew he deserves her hatred but he wanted to fix their relationship before its too late.

She saw how her father looked relieved when Draupadi forgave him and saw how Draupadi was basking in her father's love. Then she saw her father looking at her with guilt, pain and what not.

She thought, 'So he realized huh? Well too bad I won't forgive him easily. Let's see how Maharaj Drupad's persuasion works.' Thinking this she scoffed slightly and looked away from her father.

He slowly approached Niyathi and stood in front of her and asked hesitantly, "Won't you forgive your father daughter?"

Niyathi looked at him blankly, she muttered "Daughter?" She let out a chuckle. The Princess of Panchala looked at her father amused.

"Daughter!" She said in a louder voice and started to laugh as if he said the funniest thing.

Her father looked at with uneasiness. Sensing her father's distress Draupadi held her father's hand and squeezed them, showing her support. She then turned and glared at her sister who just stopped laughing and looking at them amused.

Draupadi tried to reprimand Niyathi , "Enough Niyathi! He is asking for forgiveness but here you---"

"Sorry if I am little harsh sister. You forgave him for what he did to you. That's your wish. I respect that. Did you see me intervene?" She asked the Yagnaseni.

Before she could reply she continued, "No right!? Whether I forgive him or not is my business and I respectfully ask you not to interfere in my business sister."

Draupadi looked at her sister hurt. Her words pierced her heart. If one thing she know about her sister, she doesn't let anyone make decisions on her life or force her. When Draupadi tried to force her on forgive their father Niyathi snapped at her.