Log 4: Dropped out of a Window

"Food's ready!"

Moss had been making tamales, refusing to use chicken for obvious reasons. She wasn't too sure if Rose was allergic to anything, so this would be easiest. She heard shuffling from the hall near the kitchen, peeking over to see Rose in her usual outfit, plus the mask.

"N-No thanks. I have my own food." She muttered, starting to walk back to her room. Moss shrugged. She knew the actual reason:

She wasn't quite trusted just yet.

---------------------

They were currently stopped at Jamen, a beach-like planet inhabited by fish people. Rose stayed in the ship as Moss went to get more fuel, among other things.

She paused, as she heard shuffling in an alley. The buildings of Jamen were very futuristic and modern, and had many gaps between each other. Normally, when hearing shuffling in an alley, you'd leave because you might find a bleeding-out super villain. (TOMMYINNITS CLINIC FOR SUPERVILLAINS HAHAHHAHAHAHA)

But Moss, too curious for her own good, wandered in, silent as possible. She checked around a trashcan, before checking inside it.

What in the great fuckwad stars is this.

An Axolotl child, light blue, pink-ish eyes with a scar running through one, in shitty clothing sat in the trash, staring at Moss.
"Where are your parents?"
"My Mom dropped me out of the car window. Then I just sat here for a while." The child responded.

"I-Uh-What?"

The child chuckled at her confusion, smiling and hopping out of the trash. They wore a dark blue hoodie, a white skirt (though it was practically brown) and no shoes.

"How long have you been alone?"
"I dunno, I lost track of time. A Day? 9? I don't know."

-------------------

In the end, Moss just picked the child up, got the rest of the groceries, and went back into the ship. The ship only had three bedrooms, two of which were occupied. Putting the kid in the guest room, she went to notify Rose.

"Hey, Valley?"
"Yeah?"
"I may or may not have found an abandoned kid and adopted them. Just be aware."
"Got it."

....

"Wait what-"

Moss left before explaining.

Because Mossix.